The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by things4life
Does anyone know what question 4b) was and who thinks the grade boundaries will be about 135 for an A because my teacher said he though other non calculator papers were easier except Novembers one.

4b) Shunya is going to spin the spinner 200 times. Work out an estimate for the number of times the spinner will land on 3.

Answer: 200 x 0.1 = 20
Original post by abd190
would i get any marks i i ended up with £28.80 for the fencing question? because i rounded the circumference up to 16 then times it by 1.80

You'll drop 1 mark max if any, how many marks do you think you got overall I think I got between 136 - 146
Original post by abd190
i ended up with £28.80 for the fencing question would i get any marks? because i rounded the circumference up to 16 then times it by 1.80

I've already answered this. I think that is a perfectly reasonable thing to do and I would expect it to get full marks.
Original post by Mr M
20 x 0.7 was the frequency given by the middle bar.

Does anyone know what the calculations were for the other bars?
Original post by Mr M
4b) Shunya is going to spin the spinner 200 times. Work out an estimate for the number of times the spinner will land on 3.

Answer: 200 x 0.1 = 20

Thanks Mr M your answers for both papers have really calmed my nerves. Hopefully the boundaries won't be higher than 140 for an A in which case I'll have a strong chance. But we all still have June entry if needed . . .
Reply 185
for the last question i ended up with 1/2x^2 - x - 2 but the time ran out how much marks would i get?
Reply 186
What do you think the grade boundaries for an A will be? And also I would just like to thank you for always posting the mark scheme so quickly you truly are an angel :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AppleGeek12
Does anyone know what the calculations were for the other bars?

Hang on, I'll figure them out.

0.12 x 40

0.36 x 20

0.7 x 20

0.56 x 20

0.18 x 40
Original post by 78Saab
What do you think the grade boundaries for an A will be? And also I would just like to thank you for always posting the mark scheme so quickly you truly are an angel :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't like to guess really.

And you are welcome.
Original post by abd190
for the last question i ended up with 1/2x^2 - x - 2 but the time ran out how much marks would i get?

If that quadratic = 0 then 3 marks. Otherwise 2 marks I expect.
Mr M I have a mad question but it doesn't apply to but my friend, these are his questions . . .

For the stem and leaf question he put x/x means x for every single value so he ended up having about 20 keys lmao, he said will he get all the marks?

His pen ran out during the last 5 or so questions and he attempted them in YELLOW HIGHLIGHTER , i know right crazy, he said will it scan on the computer ?

Thnx and sorry
Original post by things4life
Mr M I have a mad question but it doesn't apply to but my friend, these are his questions . . .

For the stem and leaf question he put x/x means x for every single value so he ended up having about 20 keys lmao, he said will he get all the marks?

His pen ran out during the last 5 or so questions and he attempted them in YELLOW HIGHLIGHTER , i know right crazy, he said will it scan on the computer ?

Thnx and sorry

He will probably lose 1 mark for the stem and leaf for not understanding the idea of a key.

The yellow highlighter won't scan very well but if the examiner sees something he can't read properly then he will ask for the paper to be marked by hand.
Original post by Mr M

Just curious, are you still an examiner? Or did you stop, if you ever did.
Mr M's 1MA0 GCSE Maths Linear Higher Tier Paper 2 Answers March 2013

10. Translation

Translation by (61)\begin{pmatrix} 6 \\ -1 \end{pmatrix} (2 marks) I think i said a translation by (6, -1), how many marks would I get?

15. Similar triangles and trapezium

a) 80 (2 marks)

b) 5 (3 marks) I got 3.3 recurring, how many marks?

21. Histogram

2737\frac{27}{37} OR 73% OR 0.73 (4 marks) I stupidly misread the question and thought it said how many people were in groups 140-200 or whatever the question was so I think that was 37 or something like that? Would I get a mark?

24. Bounds

0.229 (the maximum and minimum values of m agree to 3 decimal places) (5 marks) I think I talked about the numbers being 0.23 when rounded to 2 sig fig...any marks? I showed full working out on all of these answers
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Just curious, are you still an examiner? Or did you stop, if you ever did.

I'm an A Level examiner.
Original post by Efemena15

10) 1 mark for the word translation

15b) no marks

21) If you worked out some frequencies you will get 1 or 2 marks

24) Just drop 1 mark if your calculations were correct
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 196
24. Bounds

0.229 (the maximum and minimum values of m agree to 3 decimal places) (5 marks)
For question 24, bounds question I wrote down 0.28 I rounded it but will I still get full 5 marks? I did get 0.229... but I thought it should be rounded??
Please Mr M reply :smile:
Original post by Rabiia
24. Bounds

0.229 (the maximum and minimum values of m agree to 3 decimal places) (5 marks)
For question 24, bounds question I wrote down 0.28 I rounded it but will I still get full 5 marks? I did get 0.229... but I thought it should be rounded??
Please Mr M reply :smile:

You can't get full marks as your answer is wrong. It sounds like you did part of the question right but I can't tell how much credit you should get from what you have told me.
Think I've dropped 11 marks, so simple too. Always make silly mistakes!!!
I worked out the volume of the frustum was 8250... but i put to 3 sig figs 825 and forgot to put the 0 on to make it 8250, how many marks will i get? Also for the last question I wrote the area of T1 and T2 (T1=T2) yet i left it there, would I get 2 marks? Thanks in advance

P.S. along with this would you say this was a rather easy exam series for thr maths papers, compared to say november and june 1MA0 series?
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending