The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Mr M
14) you can't have squared both sides if you ended up with a square root in your answer so probably zero

22) 2 marks

24) probably zero

Last) 3 marks

Ok Thanks!

What I did with the subject question was:
I squared the RHS but accidentally square rooted m to leave me with square root of m=(k+1/4), 4(Square root of M)=k+1, 4(Square root of M)-1=K. Would I not have even got 1 mark, despite the mistake? Thanks!
Mr M what statement do you need to make for the bounds question
Reply 82
[QUOTE="__Student__;41680338"]
Original post by Jatz07

I'm pretty sure it's out of 100 ?

I meant 80 marks out of 100
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by __Student__
Mr M what statement do you need to make for the bounds question

I posted it in the answers. The maximum and minimum values agree to 3 d.p.

Off to bed now. Night all.
Reply 84
Also. For the box plot question.. I think I only got the median and the twI ends correct. How many marks would that be
Original post by Confucian
Ok Thanks!

What I did with the subject question was:
I squared the RHS but accidentally square rooted m to leave me with square root of m=(k+1/4), 4(Square root of M)=k+1, 4(Square root of M)-1=K. Would I not have even got 1 mark, despite the mistake? Thanks!

No it's just wrong.
Reply 86
Original post by Mr M
No it's just wrong.

Ok Thanks though
Reply 87
Original post by Xmarksthesh0t
How did you take a photo of it lol, security is tight here.

My teachers had copies which we could use after the exam

Original post by Mr M
2 marks I think, one for the correct area of T1 and one for equating this with your incorrect area for T2.

How about 24 with this working?
tumblr_mj5wlpMGtO1rppsj3o1_500.jpg
And with the histogram question (21) would 0.73 be a valid answer?
Thanks again
Reply 88
for the trial and improvement question i cant remeber if i got 2.8 or 2.9 but if i put 2.8 how many marks would i loose( i did the working + the table)..
Original post by Mr M
No those numbers are wrong.

Sorry, I can't really remember what I wrote, it may be 167 : 60 or something? I don't remember what I wrote, my point of the question was just that if I wrote it as a ratio, does that still count as a proportion?
Reply 90
For the bounds question, I wrote 0.23 not 0.229. I did both the upper and lower bounds. I even wrote 0.029. How many marks will I get? And for the translation question I wrote it as a worded answer not as a vector. Will I get any marks? Thanks
Original post by muhammedk
For the bounds question, I wrote 0.23 not 0.229. I did both the upper and lower bounds. I even wrote 0.029. How many marks will I get? And for the translation question I wrote it as a worded answer not as a vector. Will I get any marks? Thanks

I think you would lose 2 marks
Original post by darnellh
I didn't understand the frustum question and I only figured out the area of the large cone... How many marks would that be

If you did area then it's completely incorrect`?
Reply 93
I think you would lose 2 marks

Thanks alot. How'd you find the paper?
Original post by OCRScience
Sorry, I can't really remember what I wrote, it may be 167 : 60 or something? I don't remember what I wrote, my point of the question was just that if I wrote it as a ratio, does that still count as a proportion?

If the ratio was correct then obviously
Reply 95
Grade boundaries
June 2012 {200} -A* 164 - A 128 - B 90 - C 52
November 2012 {200} -A* 157 - A 120 - B 83 - C 46

Grade boundaries change from test to test depending on what people get as a whole, so nobody at the moment really knows the boundaries. June 2012 and November 2012 grade boundaries may give you an indication but nothing is official as yet. So stop hassling Mr M about grade boundaries people!
Original post by muhammedk
Thanks alot. How'd you find the paper?

I think I got around 90 but I'm a bit scared of the non calculator because maybe it could pull down my A* to an A. You?
Original post by jet13
Grade boundaries
June 2012 {200} -A* 164 - A 128 - B 90 - C 52
November 2012 {200} -A* 157 - A 120 - B 83 - C 46

Grade boundaries change from test to test depending on what people get as a whole, so nobody at the moment really knows the boundaries. June 2012 and November 2012 grade boundaries may give you an indication but nothing is official as yet. So stop hassling Mr M about grade boundaries people!

I would love the Grade boundaries to be 157. So you could get 90 and 67 and still end up with an A* (y)
Reply 98
I would love the Grade boundaries to be 157. So you could get 90 and 67 and still end up with an A* (y)

I think everyone would like that, unlikely though seen as the test wasn't too hard. Don't think it will be to much of a difference to the other tWo though. Hopefully just under 160 :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Let's just hope that our exams fall in the right hands

Latest

Trending

Trending