The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
guest999
That's a typical lie that fat people tell themselves. Although maybe it's not a "lie", like I said, people misunderstand and underestimate their consumption of calories. Especially fat people who try to convince themselves and others that they eat like a bird and still can't drop the weight...! Surprising that you don't see many "thyroid problems" and similar in shanty towns in the third world...
The exception to this is obviously if you have a lot of muscle: but if you really only ate 1000 calories a day, you wouldn't, because the body would burn them up in starvation mode. Anyway, if you REALLY want to lose weight, you have to be honest with yourself about what you you're really eating.

you clearly don't know much on this subject, everyones motabolism works differently. you don't know how much activity this person does. not to mention the fact that sometimes people really are just inherently large. my cousin is clinically obese and whist she doesnt eat 'like a bird' she eats very little, a hell of a lot less than me and i'm clinically underweight.
please think before you post things like this, they must be really hurtful for whoever you accuse of lying
Are you kidding me? all-bran cereal,
I don't touch sugar in my tea,
orange juice was actually tropicana, fresh,
bread was wholemeal.

Your plan has flaws
Reply 42
chel
you clearly don't know much on this subject, everyones motabolism works differently. you don't know how much activity this person does. not to mention the fact that sometimes people really are just inherently large. my cousin is clinically obese and whist she doesnt eat 'like a bird' she eats very little, a hell of a lot less than me and i'm clinically underweight.
please think before you post things like this, they must be really hurtful for whoever you accuse of lying

Trust me, your clinically obese cousin "eats very little" in public. Obesity is as much an eating disorder as anorexia and bulimia, and often just as secretive. Bulimics don't tend to vomit in front of their cousins, and nor should you expect an obese person to binge in front of you.
If everybody's metabolism works differently, why are there no obese people in Ethiopia? I am thin, athletic and in very good shape, and eat a very good, wholesome, nutritious diet: if the fat poster who says s/he eats very little ate and exercised like me, s/he would be too. But instead, s/he is happy living a lie.
guest999
Trust me, your clinically obese cousin "eats very little" in public. Obesity is as much an eating disorder as anorexia and bulimia, and often just as secretive. Bulimics don't tend to vomit in front of their cousins, and nor should you expect an obese person to binge in front of you.
If everybody's metabolism works differently, why are there no obese people in Ethiopia? I am thin, athletic and in very good shape, and eat a very good, wholesome, nutritious diet: if the fat poster who says s/he eats very little ate and exercised like me, s/he would be too. But instead, s/he is happy living a lie.

Oh for ****s sake, stop with the whole 'holier than thou' attitude and get over yourself.

I am ****ing honest with myself. Years of counting calories, abusing my gag reflex and being admitted to various EDUs have taught me that.

What the hell right do you have to judge others like that, and just outright call them fat.
Reply 44
Simulatio
Are you kidding me? all-bran cereal,
I don't touch sugar in my tea,
orange juice was actually tropicana, fresh,
bread was wholemeal.

Your plan has flaws

Hm, 76 calorie cereal bar? that sounds like kellogs...read the ingredients and the breakdown of carbohydrates (the "of which sugars" bit). Same goes for the all-bran (check out "of which sugars"). And tea without sugar has no calories. And tropicana is not "fresh" - it comes from a carton. And look at the ingredients in the bread (check out "of which sugars").
No wonder you binge: your body is permanently suffering from drastic changes in blood sugar.
Reply 45
Simulatio
Oh for ****s sake, stop with the whole 'holier than thou' attitude and get over yourself.

I am ****ing honest with myself. Years of counting calories, abusing my gag reflex and being admitted to various EDUs have taught me that.

What the hell right do you have to judge others like that, and just outright call them fat.

...and now, you invoke the "I had an eating disorder so there, now I can be fat" excuse that people like you like to hide behind when they feel fat. Who cares about fat or thin - be HEALTHY.
Well that is pretty much what I eat every day.
And if you read my post - my binge consists of about 1500kcal.

Tea without sugar has milk calories - this is how much I measure them.

tropicana is not concentrate though, which goes against your previous statememnt.
guest999
...and now, you invoke the "I had an eating disorder so there, now I can be fat" excuse that people like you like to hide behind when they feel fat. Who cares about fat or thin - be HEALTHY.

I am not saying that I have a right to be fat, do you think I like having such a high BMI? No.

I am just saying that I do measure every calorie, I freak out so much about them.

You seem pretty adamant about the fat/thin debate earlier - now you're retracting that? Nice stable argument there.
Reply 48
guest999

i hope you get some serious bad rep for this. and although i know i'l get in trouble for this i just can't help myself = you clearly are an arrogant a***hole who thinks he has some right to make people feel bad and conjecture about their situation even though he knows nothing about them. you have made me so angry even though you haven't insulted me as such, i cant believe you think it's ok to tell someone that they are catagorically lying about what they eat. I don't think you can use starving etheopians as an example, but i can tell you that Simulatio eats alot less than me and certainly alot less than most students i live with who live on a diet of fast food and beer and most of whom have size 8 figures. To summarise your clearly a P***K
Reply 49
Simulatio
I am not saying that I have a right to be fat, do you think I like having such a high BMI? No.

I am just saying that I do measure every calorie, I freak out so much about them.

You seem pretty adamant about the fat/thin debate earlier - now you're retracting that? Nice stable argument there.

No, but it is clear you are obsessed with "thinness" at the expense of health, rather than being healthy which includes being thin. If you focus on being healthy, you will BE thin (within reason - according to your body shape etc). Seriously: stop counting calories, and think about getting the proper balance of proteins, good carbohydrates, good fats in your diet instead. Apparently you've been eating your "1000" calories every day for 6 months and it hasn't worked, so why not give it a shot?
Reply 50
chel
i hope you get some serious bad rep for this. and although i know i'l get in trouble for this i just can't help myself = you clearly are an arrogant a***hole who thinks he has some right to make people feel bad and conjecture about their situation even though he knows nothing about them. you have made me so angry even though you haven't insulted me as such, i cant believe you think it's ok to tell someone that they are catagorically lying about what they eat. I don't think you can use starving etheopians as an example, but i can tell you that Simulatio eats alot less than me and certainly alot less than most students i live with who live on a diet of fast food and beer and most of whom have size 8 figures. To summarise your clearly a P***K

I'll agree that it's not "lying" so much as delusion.
Reply 51
Please ignore what guest999 is saying similation
Today - a bowl of cereal weighing 31grams - 165kcal. 50ml milk - 25kcal
two glasses 200ml orange juice - 200kcal
pieec of dry toast - 106kcal
two quorn fillets - 120kcal
salad - 50kcal
four cups of tea - 40kcal
cereal bar - 76kcal.
few people would deny that compared to alot of people this really is a very healthy diet. my only advice would actually be to try up you calorie intake slightly by maybe having more fruit and veg
Reply 52
chel
Please ignore what guest999 is saying similation
Today - a bowl of cereal weighing 31grams - 165kcal. 50ml milk - 25kcal
two glasses 200ml orange juice - 200kcal
pieec of dry toast - 106kcal
two quorn fillets - 120kcal
salad - 50kcal
four cups of tea - 40kcal
cereal bar - 76kcal.
few people would deny that compared to alot of people this really is a very healthy diet. my only advice would actually be to try up you calorie intake slightly by maybe having more fruit and veg

You clearly don't know anything about nutrition!
1) that is not enough calories for a day
2) it doesn't include any fruit and barely any vegetables
3) hardly any minerals or nutrients
4) no "good" fats at all, like omega-3 etc
...it's just sugar! Eat twice as many calories, but make them count.
Reply 53
guest999
You clearly don't know anything about nutrition!
1) that is not enough calories for a day
2) it doesn't include any fruit and barely any vegetables
3) hardly any minerals or nutrients

4) no "good" fats at all, like omega-3 etc
...it's just sugar! Eat twice as many calories, but make them count.

please actually read what i said. i said compared with most people. i also said up the calories with more fruit and veg. it may not be whats her name mckeith's idea of healthy. i'm sorry but how is salad, quorn, sugarless tea "just sugar". you are a very mean person, i really think you should stop because you are not coming off very well at all.
Reply 54
chel
please actually read what i said. i said compared with most people. i also said up the calories with more fruit and veg. it may not be whats her name mckeith's idea of healthy. i'm sorry but how is salad, quorn, sugarless tea "just sugar". you are a very mean person, i really think you should stop because you are not coming off very well at all.

So you think a diet of salad, quorn and sugar is nourishing? Even when she has an eating disorder and hates her weight.
all right, go for it. what do I know - I'm just thin and healthy...keep doing what your fat peers tell you to do.
Reply 55
i'm not fat, thankyou. i'm a size 8, vegetarian, who leads a pretty darn healthy lifestyle, gets more than her 5 a day, doesn't eat junk. has an active lifestyle. i think according to the qualifications you claim you have since you are 'thin and healthy', i am equally qualified. even if there are ammendments that she could make to her diet, she clearly does not consume that many calories, she is not 'lying' to herself and you are bang out of order to suggest that she is. ultimately you know very little about her lifestyle, and granted nor do i, but i was not the one tellin her she was a fat girl deluding herself, despite knowing that she has issues with self image. do you really think you are helping her emotionally? I am tired of arguing with someone so utterly single minded. i only hope that similatio hasn't listened to any of the particularly hateful things that you have been saying!
Reply 56
chel
i'm not fat, thankyou. i'm a size 8, vegetarian, who leads a pretty darn healthy lifestyle, gets more than her 5 a day, doesn't eat junk. has an active lifestyle. i think according to the qualifications you claim you have since you are 'thin and healthy', i am equally qualified. even if there are ammendments that she could make to her diet, she clearly does not consume that many calories, she is not 'lying' to herself and you are bang out of order to suggest that she is. ultimately you know very little about her lifestyle, and granted nor do i, but i was not the one tellin her she was a fat girl deluding herself, despite knowing that she has issues with self image. do you really think you are helping her emotionally? I am tired of arguing with someone so utterly single minded. i only hope that similatio hasn't listened to any of the particularly hateful things that you have been saying!

You've boiled it down to this: I should pat her on the back because that will make her feel better "emotionally" about her crap diet and misery about her weight. NOT, Heaven forbid, tell her to pull herself together, eat right and be happy.
You are incredibly patronising: there you are, a size 8, with a healthy diet and active lifestyle, and you tell her "there, there, go on, eat your crap, be fat and miserable" to make her feel better! What nerve.
Reply 57
guest999
You've boiled it down to this: I should pat her on the back because that will make her feel better "emotionally" about her crap diet and misery about her weight. NOT, Heaven forbid, tell her to pull herself together, eat right and be happy.
You are incredibly patronising: there you are, a size 8, with a healthy diet and active lifestyle, and you tell her "there, there, go on, eat your crap, be fat and miserable" to make her feel better! What nerve.

ARG you are being ridiculous, her diet is NOT THAT BAD, she doesnt eat fried food, or crisps or any of the other crap most people her age eat. my main problem with what you were saying is suggesting that she is 'lying' to herself about what she eats, which i'm sure most people on here would agree is not that much. if you want examples of other peoples diets just search past food threads.I don't want her to be fat, i feel bad for her because she isn't able to lose the weight she is trying to, whilst other people eat junk and weigh nothing.

I'm tired of this argument, you are a mean person, she isn't exactly severely obese, peoples emotional health is just as important as their physical health you know. i'm signing out, feel free to wallow in your own single minded opinions.
Thank you so much, Chel. I really do appreicate it. I know I need to eat healthier. And its great that you're fit and stuff - yay for vegetarianism =)

It seems like 'guest' has now changed their argument.
x
To be fair, although i think what guest 999 says seems harsh, i agree with her-what you put in is what shows! if you exercised and eat healthily you will be slim. Thing is eating the way you are obviously isn't working-thus it makes sense to try something new instead of fooling yourself. Unless of course you actually have a thyroid problem-go to your docs and find out-if you have then let us know and I'll apoligise, but otherwise i think you need to make some changes.

Latest

Trending

Trending