The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Linear Paper

Morning,

I am a Private Candidate who would be grateful for some guidance and assistance. I will be sitting Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Linear Paper’s in June 2013 in order to commence a PGCE.

I have managed to track down the relevant exam papers from 2011 and 2012; and thanks to relevant posts on this forum I have the answers for the following papers:

Edexcel GCSE Math’s A Higher Linear Paper 2 Answers June 2012

Edexcel GCSE Math’s A Higher Linear Paper 1 Answers November 2012

Edexcel GCSE Math’s A Higher Linear Paper 1 Answers June 2011

Is any member able to assist with the relevant missing papers from 2011 and 2012?

Furthermore can anyone recommend a good textbook, as I am finding revision books lacking in detail for a Private Candidate.

Thank you

LWP
Reply 1
Hello

I'm also a private candidate for the GCSE Mathematics A Higher paper. I'm finding it hard as well to find solid revision sources to help me pass this exam, if anyone can find any that would be extremely helpful

Thanks,
Reply 2
LWP
OP
Original post by CEFG
Hello

I'm also a private candidate for the GCSE Mathematics A Higher paper. I'm finding it hard as well to find solid revision sources to help me pass this exam, if anyone can find any that would be extremely helpful

Thanks,

CEFG,

Good luck with the exam, have been informed by a Secondary Maths Teacher to use the following book.

Collins Revision - GCSE Maths for Edexcel A+B+AQA B+OCR: Higher

CGP GCSE Mathematics Edexcel Linear (Higher Level) is what I am using at the moment however it is lacking in examples on some areas.

LWP
Reply 3
Original post by LWP
CEFG,

Good luck with the exam, have been informed by a Secondary Maths Teacher to use the following book.

Collins Revision - GCSE Maths for Edexcel A+B+AQA B+OCR: Higher

CGP GCSE Mathematics Edexcel Linear (Higher Level) is what I am using at the moment however it is lacking in examples on some areas.

LWP

Thanks very much

CEFG
Reply 4
Hi

I'm also a private candidate for the GCSE Mathematics Higher paper (June) need to pass this so that I can do my pgce

Could you send me a link to those exam papers from 2011 and 2012 please? It be a great help to me :smile:

Thank you
Reply 5
Hi,

I need to sit the Higher level GCSE Mathematics paper before September in order to gain a place at the University I would like to go to. I know I have left it late but would be grateful of any advice on which paper and centre. I am studying in Brighton at present.

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Sophiakaur
Hi,

I need to sit the Higher level GCSE Mathematics paper before September in order to gain a place at the University I would like to go to. I know I have left it late but would be grateful of any advice on which paper and centre. I am studying in Brighton at present.

Thanks

Hi Sophia

Check out this link http://www.edexcel.com/i-am-a/student/private-candidates/Pages/Where-can-I-take-an-International-GCSE.aspx

It tells you where you can take your exam as a private candidate. You should be
Able to find a school or college near to where you live. Also most of the exams are not that eexpensive. I think the closing date for the summer exams - (May & June ) is for 21st March. So i would advise you to hurry and book your exam asap.
Reply 7
LWP
OP
Original post by kaz10
Hi

I'm also a private candidate for the GCSE Mathematics Higher paper (June) need to pass this so that I can do my pgce

Could you send me a link to those exam papers from 2011 and 2012 please? It be a great help to me :smile:

Thank you

If you send me a Private Message with your email address, I will then forward the exam papers and answers to you.

LWP

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending