The Student Room Group

Graphic Design, where to apply?

I have applied for five graphic design courses, however withdrew my application to three of them. Last week I had my interview with Northumbria, however I am yet to receive an offer from then and doubt I will get in. I have also so far been unable to rearrange my MMU interview.
I'm now considering UCAS extra and was wondering if anyone has any advice?
Also does anyone have an recommendations for universities that offer graphic design?
So stressed with the whole thing and any advice would be great! :frown:
Reply 1
Don't be too worried, they do say it's meant to be about a week or more before you get an offer, just depends on how much they have to think about and how long ucas take to update it.
I've heard Leeds uni is good, albeit a bit more academic than others. Have a friend going to LMU which looks decent, it's done in a very free reign type way. Cumbria uni is very good if you're the type of student who likes tutor time and help as they're always around. Teesside is my insurance offer and from what i've seen the tutors are really nice but the building looks a bit drab which put me off.
You can always try to get into any uni you missed through clearing if you feel your interview didn't go as well as you could have done and you really like the uni.
In any case good luck, hope you get an offer. Northumbria is my firm and i've yet to find anyone who seems to be going!
Reply 2
Original post by Blueenie
Don't be too worried, they do say it's meant to be about a week or more before you get an offer, just depends on how much they have to think about and how long ucas take to update it.
I've heard Leeds uni is good, albeit a bit more academic than others. Have a friend going to LMU which looks decent, it's done in a very free reign type way. Cumbria uni is very good if you're the type of student who likes tutor time and help as they're always around. Teesside is my insurance offer and from what i've seen the tutors are really nice but the building looks a bit drab which put me off.
You can always try to get into any uni you missed through clearing if you feel your interview didn't go as well as you could have done and you really like the uni.
In any case good luck, hope you get an offer. Northumbria is my firm and i've yet to find anyone who seems to be going!

It's two weeks on wednesday and I'm still yet to hear anything, which is worrying. I may email them and ask how long it usually takes as the longer I wait the less places at other unis, PANIC haha. Yeah, I like the look of both Leeds unis, suppose I'll just have to wait and see where they're places through ucas extra.
Thanks for your help! :smile: and congrats on the offer at Northumbria!
Reply 3
Oh that is rather a long time, yeah that is probably a good idea. Well i hope everything goes well and you find a good uni :smile:
And thank you, i was so surprised, thought i'd messed the interview up :P
Reply 4
Original post by Beckylee
I have applied for five graphic design courses, however withdrew my application to three of them. Last week I had my interview with Northumbria, however I am yet to receive an offer from then and doubt I will get in. I have also so far been unable to rearrange my MMU interview.
I'm now considering UCAS extra and was wondering if anyone has any advice?
Also does anyone have an recommendations for universities that offer graphic design?
So stressed with the whole thing and any advice would be great! :frown:

Glasgow School of Art or Edinburgh?
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest