The Student Room Group

Manchester Met Graphic design sept 2023

Still waiting to hear if I’ve been successful in my application to study Graphic Design. At the open day I was told that there are 900 applicants every year for this course! I’ve got the predicted grades and I e submitted my portfolio so let’s see
what happens. Anyone else had an offer yet?
Reply 1
Original post by Mhartyn
Still waiting to hear if I’ve been successful in my application to study Graphic Design. At the open day I was told that there are 900 applicants every year for this course! I’ve got the predicted grades and I e submitted my portfolio so let’s see

Have you applied to BA Graphic Design? My daughter applied before xmas but hasn't seen an email to supply portfolio although she found a general one in trash so not sure if she has missed one. how were your told re portfolio? Did you get a notification on track? or just an email.... thanks and good luck with your application,
Reply 2
Hi
Graphic design BA hons start 2023
I submitted my application and I too found general response in trash. A week or so later I received an invitation to submit a portfolio which came through on email. So waiting to hear. Good luck to you too,
Original post by ljn7
Have you applied to BA Graphic Design? My daughter applied before xmas but hasn't seen an email to supply portfolio although she found a general one in trash so not sure if she has missed one. how were your told re portfolio? Did you get a notification on track? or just an email.... thanks and good luck with your application,

Hi @ljn7

Your daughter should have received an email from our admissions team with information on the portfolio. You can find the digital portfolio guidance here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/digitalportfolio/ba-graphic-design If your daughter hasn't received the email from admissions or you require further information on the portfolio you can contact the admissions team directly at 0161 247 5922 or [email protected]

Good luck to her and her application!

Carly :smile:
Original post by Mhartyn

Hi @Mhartyn

If you need an update at any time please feel free to contact the Art and Design admissions team directly at 0161 247 5922 or [email protected]

Good luck with your application! :smile:
Reply 5
Hello

Did your daughter receive an offer from Manchester? I
Original post by Manchester Metropolitan University
Hi @ljn7

Your daughter should have received an email from our admissions team with information on the portfolio. You can find the digital portfolio guidance here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/digitalportfolio/ba-graphic-design If your daughter hasn't received the email from admissions or you require further information on the portfolio you can contact the admissions team directly at 0161 247 5922 or [email protected]

Good luck to her and her application!

Reply 6
Original post by Mhartyn
Hello

Did your daughter receive an offer from Manchester? I

Hello, She actually received an offer today! Have you heard back yet?
Reply 7
Yes. I have a conditional offer. Im so happy. Hopefully i can get the grades but its so stressful. I really want to go to Manchester, love the Uni. will be devastated if it dont get the grades . Keeping positive.
Original post by Mhartyn
Yes. I have a conditional offer. Im so happy. Hopefully i can get the grades but its so stressful. I really want to go to Manchester, love the Uni. will be devastated if it dont get the grades . Keeping positive.

Hi @Mhartyn

Great to hear you have a conditional offer from us, congratulations! It can be stressful to think about getting the grades to meet the requirements. At this stage, we can only advise that you apply yourself and do the best that you can attain the grades required for the course you are interested in.

You can find some information on what happens on results day here: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/ucas-undergraduate-results

We will review applications where students have narrowly missed the conditions of their offer by a small margin, and in some cases will still confirm places or offer alternative courses that may be suitable in Clearing. This is obviously at the discretion of the Admissions Tutor and also depends on the availability of places at the time.

Good luck with your assessments/exams coming up. I wish you the best of luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest