The Student Room Group

Language Society

Scroll to see replies

kashiya
ist eigentlich FU wirklich so schlecht? Ich habe nur schlechte sachen daruber gehort und das ist einer von den 3 Unis die Ostasienwissenschaft anbieten...

Well, it's in Berlin and berlin has to cut spending where it's possible, hence little funds for the universities = bad facilities, crowded lecture theatres, etc. I can't say anything specific for the course you intend to study though, but as it's a rather exotic subject, it might be slightly better.
Reply 181
Jammertal
Well, it's in Berlin and berlin has to cut spending where it's possible, hence little funds for the universities = bad facilities, crowded lecture theatres, etc. I can't say anything specific for the course you intend to study though, but as it's a rather exotic subject, it might be slightly better.

yeah, thats what I heard :/
Not encouraging and Berlin is nice only for a week - but rather too big for living in it...
So you prefer the smaller towns then? How comes? Lived for too long in the bigger ones?
Reply 183
今日はみんな!ここには誰か日本語を勉強している?ぼくはシェフィールド大学で日本語を勉強している一年生です!来週大きいテストがありますから、たくさん復習をしようと思いますよ。もし誰か練習をしたかったら、いっしょに練習をしでしょうね。よろしくお願いします!
Reply 184
Jammertal
So you prefer the smaller towns then? How comes? Lived for too long in the bigger ones?

Well, I lived both in smaller and bigger towns... And I hate the rush in the bigger towns. THough when I'm too long in a town where nothing moves I get bored. I prefer those middle size towns, where you have big cinema comlexes, big shopping malls, good restaurants and cofes, good clubs etc. which however are not full of the big city rush, where there are green places and the ppl know eachother. :biggrin:
Yeah, I guess I will learn to understand that once I live in London. but by now I've spent my whole life in a really small town with a small cinema and no shops. :biggrin:
Reply 186
Jammertal
Yeah, I guess I will learn to understand that once I live in London. but by now I've spent my whole life in a really small town with a small cinema and no shops. :biggrin:

thats also no fun...
Sometimes it is: if you don't need to go shopping and if you want one of these "Bauernparties".:biggrin:
Reply 188
Bauernparties cooooooool :cool:
With Korn. :cheers: :biggrin:
Reply 190
Ok, I'm off to Germany. Dunno when I'll have Internet access again.
Cu guys in 2 weeks!!! :biggrin:
Have fun! :biggrin:
jaybones
今日はみんな!ここには誰か日本語を勉強している?ぼくはシェフィールド大学で日本語を勉強している一年生です!来週大きいテストがありますから、たくさん復習をしようと思いますよ。もし誰か練習をしたかったら、いっしょに練習をしでしょうね。よろしくお願いします!

今日は! (生憎)私は日本語が話しません! 済まない!!:redface:

yeah embarressed now! but i understood your post! *feels special now*
練習 mean practise ne? well sorry i can't but can i ask you questions anyways? :smile:
I'm (hopefully) applying to Sheffield in autumn for Japs and i was just wondering what you think of the department there and how the classes are taught etc? Would you reccomend it? (sorry for all the questions)

anyways good luck for your test next week! 頑張って!!
I've started teaching myself japanese, have both audio lessons and a teach yourself book

has anyone got any advice?
Well done!! Good.on.you!

My only bit of advice would be to keep on top of it - I started to do something like this with Spanish and was really eager at first but slowly...slowly..stopped...
Reply 195
Mr_Pedantic
I've started teaching myself japanese, have both audio lessons and a teach yourself book

has anyone got any advice?

Learn the kana (alphabets; katakana, hiragana) so you can drop using roman lettering (romaji) as soon as possible, youll thank me when you understand why :redface: Some words have different meanings and the language just wasnt designed for roman lettering, theres so many problems its shocking.

よろしくお願いします, where can I join the society? i cant find the link.

Should add, I can speak Gaeilge (Irish) if anyone needs help with that, if not, carry on :redface: If someone still edits the front page of this topic, "dia duit" is hello in irish :wink:
Jim-ie
Learn the kana (alphabets; katakana, hiragana) so you can drop using roman lettering (romaji) as soon as possible, youll thank me when you understand why :redface: Some words have different meanings and the language just wasnt designed for roman lettering, theres so many problems its shocking.

よろしくお願いします, where can I join the society? i cant find the link.

I've got ebooks about learning kanji

the link to join the society is on page three of the socs list, which you can access from the top of the page.
I <3 languages and wanna join :biggrin:
Berlin has the advantages of medium sized towns as well. I hardly ever get the city rush here. I lived in London before and trust me, it is nothing like it. FU is fairly good as well, maybe not if you wanna compare it internationally, but in general the students appear very happy there.
I'm a HU student though :biggrin:
Hey joy... :hello: Why do you start talking about Berlin here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending