The Student Room Group

Language Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
unfinished sympathy
:biggrin: Huender! yippee

I just realised yo did the best A Level combo possible:frown:
I would have loved to do a) German GCSE b) then German A Level and c) French A Level, but they make you choose between German and Spanish early on in my school and French, Latin and Spanish wouldn't work in timetable:frown:
Not English though. Quite happy not doing that. Although would probs have been a better idea then Latin. Latin is hard:frown:
unfinished sympathy
Nein mein Deutsch ist leider nicht so gut wie dein Englisch! Aber es ist ok wegen meiner deutschen Freundin, die mir immer geholfen hat :smile: Auch habe ich deutsche und franzoser(?) Lehrerinnen gehabt, die aus dem Land gekommen sind! Sie waren natives

französische. :smile: I wish I had some natives as teachers, but my school was crap and some teachers were even worse than me. :frown:

Lol, paddy it's time that you start learning German properly! :biggrin:
Reply 582
woooooooooooooooooooooo i faaaaiiiled!! near crashed into TWO cars and did 50 when i was supposed to do national speed limit. then just chuckled like a madman every time i did something else wrong... stupid cars, they suck arse. i'm only peeved that i wasted £50 of my parents' money.

heh, i'm so pap.
Wow, Ive never seen this society before. Hi. I like languages :smile:
Reply 584
good. languages are your friends....

join us....JOIN US!!!
brimstone
Wow, Ive never seen this society before. Hi. I like languages :smile:

yeah join us
Jammertal
französische. :smile: I wish I had some natives as teachers, but my school was crap and some teachers were even worse than me. :frown:

Lol, paddy it's time that you start learning German properly! :biggrin:

:smile: danke fuer die Hilfe :smile:

Natives are much better teachers, and you are fluent so you were probably better than all your teachers :smile:
:hello: then :smile:. I can't join officially :frown: but I'll visit here often.

Bleh... with regards to language, I'm currently getting 'stressed' about preparing myself for ab initio applications for Portugese to apply for entry 2008 :eek:... I'm so sad :\
brimstone
:hello: then :smile:. I can't join officially :frown: but I'll visit here often.

Bleh... with regards to language, I'm currently getting 'stressed' about preparing myself for ab initio applications for Portugese to apply for entry 2008 :eek:... I'm so sad :\

portuguese? wow that's tough!
I know, but it seems quite interesting and I'd seriously want to study it ab initio at uni ... only problem is, I can't spell it :redface:
Yeah, so I'm trying to give myself a head start on uni apps (and to have summink to write on my personal statement!) and gathering materials and stuff to learn the basics of the language and prove I have a full 'interest' in it... Hard work for lazy me :\
brimstone
I know, but it seems quite interesting and I'd seriously want to study it ab initio at uni ... only problem is, I can't spell it :redface:
Yeah, so I'm trying to give myself a head start on uni apps (and to have summink to write on my personal statement!) and gathering materials and stuff to learn the basics of the language and prove I have a full 'interest' in it... Hard work for lazy me :\

you mean you've never learnt it before, but want to learn it at uni level??? are you crazy? :biggrin:
unfinished sympathy
you mean you've never learnt it before, but want to learn it at uni level??? are you crazy? :biggrin:

Yep, it's quite sad I'm planning for uni level when I haven't even started A Levels yet :redface:
But I love the task of learning new languages ... I'm worried about various factors though :s:
brimstone
Yep, it's quite sad I'm planning for uni level when I haven't even started A Levels yet :redface:
But I love the task of learning new languages ... I'm worried about various factors though :s:

i'mnot surprised, it's so hard to learn a new language though! I'm not trying to turn you off it- good luck to you mate! But we are allhere for you (the ones who speak portuguese that is :smile:):p:
Hehe, yeah thanks :hugs:
I really need to start actually getting to grips with the basics soon ... I'm thinking about possibly going to an evening class or getting a tutor to help me learn it ... I need lots of language related stuff to say on my PS as I've got nothing at the moment :frown:
brimstone
Hehe, yeah thanks :hugs:
I really need to start actually getting to grips with the basics soon ... I'm thinking about possibly going to an evening class or getting a tutor to help me learn it ... I need lots of language related stuff to say on my PS as I've got nothing at the moment :frown:

well start on the internet, there will always be someone who knows the basics to any language
I'm doing that now :smile: ... i've found a good website :biggrin:.
I'm just worried that if I applied for Portuguese at uni, they'd ask me about Spanish :s:
brimstone
I'm doing that now :smile: ... i've found a good website :biggrin:.
I'm just worried that if I applied for Portuguese at uni, they'd ask me about Spanish :s:

why?
unfinished sympathy
why?

Basically, I dropped Spanish after GCSE level because I absolutely hated it and the teachers ... I used to love it but the teachers put me off. I'm worried they might say, 'Spanish is very similar to Portuguese, but you dropped Spanish, so that tells us something bad'
brimstone
Basically, I dropped Spanish after GCSE level because I absolutely hated it and the teachers ... I used to love it but the teachers put me off. I'm worried they might say, 'Spanish is very similar to Portuguese, but you dropped Spanish, so that tells us something bad'

well just say, unfortunately my spanish teachers were not accomodating to my learning methods, and refused to help me further my level of spanish! I loved the language, and i regret dropping the subject, but circumstances dictated otherwise...

or something like that :smile:
Maybe you could teach yurself some Portugese this year? Half an hour a day should get you to a decent standard by this time next year and should also impress the admissions tutors enough to make up for you dropping Spanish

Though as you are starting ab initio, that would kind of go against the point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending