The Student Room Group

Language Society

Scroll to see replies

wesetters
I'm alone here :frown:

oh :frown: i dont know what to suggest really- i mean if i was you, iw ouldnt get down about it, and id just throw myself into french and perfecting the language. i wouldnt give a crap about what the others think and id just be myself. this sounds soo gay, but i mean could you make friends with the teachers...they can be pretty nice:smile:
wesetters
The lecturers aren't all that approachable, and I'm fine when I'm at uni...it's the 3 day weekend where I get really down. :frown:

well go off by yourself and discover paris' secrets, i mean if you really explore the place, you can visit your favorite places on your 3 day weekend, then make friends witht he locals, or with people who own cafes and stuff :smile:
wesetters
Parisians don't really seem that welcoming to be honest, I'm not outgoing, my French is crap and I just don't have the guts to approach people. :frown:

I'm sorry about posting this crap here, I just don't know how I can stand 3 more years of this.

will your french is not crap! as long as they get the gist of what youre on about, that all that matterrs. And how do you know theyre not forthcoming! have you met every single person in paris! get out there and find new places! Become independant and youll learn so much about yourself! You dont need people, you have to learn to be a one man band, and then when youve learnt alot about tyourself, youll probs meet some friends! for the mean time, you have TSR keep posting on here :smile:
wesetters
I know, you're right, I think maybe I might go for a walk soon, maybe head into Paris somewhere. Going out just feels pointless when I'm alone. :frown:

oh will, learn to like being alone, then youll have a great pesonality! i mean at my first and sceond schools, i wasnt popular! i had one friend, but i was alone quite alot, so i had to stop minding it. And i did, at my third school, i got lots of friends! but because i didnt need them, we got on so much better.
wesetters
I used to not mind being without friends so much, but back then I had my family to go back to in the evenings here, it's just depressing :frown:

aww- well i mea you could either, deal with it.. or transfer back to england. thats a solution... not a good one, bt i mean if you really are unhappy then its an option. BUt if were you, id stick it out, it takes time to make friends sometimes! do you have flatmates?
wesetters
No flatmates...baasically, I was persuaded to stay here by the university (I suspect they got a kickback), because it'd be so much simpler and there'd be other ULIP people there. However, I think the fact that there are more people from uni here has made it worse, as I know when they're going around enjoying themselves without me. :frown:

cant you just join in? and go out with tem without asking them?
wesetters
They've gone out for someone's 20th, I really can't just invite myself to that. And I feel bad when I hang around with them, because I know they're just too nice to say they don't like me.

stuff that, make them like you! you dont know they dont like you, i mean have you spent enough time with them for them to form an opinion of you?
wesetters
I spent a lot of time with some of them at the beginning, but they just stopped wanting to spend time with me a few weeks back.

what changed? do you know?
wesetters
Nothing much. i think they just got sick of me.

are you that kinda person?
wesetters
I think I must be :frown:

oh will! i dont know what to suggest! i mean cant you change the parts of your character that perhaps you dont like and that other people dont either?
wesetters
I know :s:

I think I'm just really melancholy tonight. :frown:

just a bit chuck :p: cheer up :smile:
wesetters
I'll try :smile:

What you doing this weekend?

i dunno really, seeing as everyday is pretty much a weekend. i think im gonna get my hair cut, its grown way too long for my liking :frown:
wesetters
Hehe, I need a haircut, but I daren't get it done here...the standard of my French, I'd probably end up with no hair left at all :eek:

will your french is great :biggrin:

ican actually wear my hair in a ponytail :eek:
wesetters
Merde alors! :eek:

i know :eek: my hair in my pic is too long too :frown: my hair grows way too fast:frown:
Reply 1194
:hello:

I would try and cheer you up or something if I had anything to say. Instead I'm just sat here cleaning my poor hard drive out. Booooring!
wesetters
;console;
But your hair looks really good in your pic :smile:

aww thanks will :smile: i have this thing about it being in my neck- i hate being tickled you see :p:
nikki
:hello:

I would try and cheer you up or something if I had anything to say. Instead I'm just sat here cleaning my poor hard drive out. Booooring!

literally with a duster?
Reply 1197

:toofunny:

unfinished sympathy
literally with a duster?

Nooo, although I bet if I took the cover off, several giant dust bunnies would leap out.
wesetters
Hehe, is it THAT bad?

yes it is, my hair is toooo soft, and it tickles :frown:
wesetters
;console; I'm sure you have lovely hair... :hugs:

:p: i dunno how you can say that your french isnt good! its great! you know verbs like glandouilleand you get the subjenctive! !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending