The Student Room Group

Language Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Molto bene, grazie :biggrin:
io non studio italiano! Mi insegnano a casa :smile: (dunno if thats right!! lol)

Well, you said they teach you at home, if thats what you were trying to say? :smile: If you meant that you teach yourself then it would be "Mi Insegno a casa".
Original post by GirasoleL
Well, you said they teach you at home, if thats what you were trying to say? :smile: If you meant that you teach yourself then it would be "Mi Insegno a casa".

Yep that's what I wanted!! lol
Cool :biggrin: Why not Birmingham? Just outta interest :biggrin:

Im from near there, so want to...Expand my horizons, if you like :smile:
Original post by Coolkat
Im from near there, so want to...Expand my horizons, if you like :smile:

Sounds like a plan! That's why I didn't stay in Bristol! :smile:
les langues sont mortes
Yep that's what I wanted!! lol

Ah fair enough :P Don't worry I get things wrong too and I actually study the subject XD Its cool that you're teaching yourself a little though :smile:
Ah fair enough :P Don't worry I get things wrong too and I actually study the subject XD Its cool that you're teaching yourself a little though :smile:

Yeah :smile:
I thought it would be a nice addition to Spanish and Portuguese...I love Italy, and always feel a little ignorant when I can't speak to someone in Italian! :redface:
Yeah :smile:
I thought it would be a nice addition to Spanish and Portuguese...I love Italy, and always feel a little ignorant when I can't speak to someone in Italian! :redface:

Oh awesome :smile: Yeah Italy is a lovley place, I feel that way too sometimes, I've been going there every Summer since I was 5, but I still don't speak it as well as I maybe should and I kind of want to change that, that and I love the language anyway.
Ahh impressed with myself that I could understand which languages 10 of the Welcome page 'Hello''s came from :biggrin: haha
Now to actually LEARN some languages!
The Japanese version of Hello is weird. I've never heard or seen anyone say that. It literally means "today."
Original post by miniteen
The Japanese version of Hello is weird. I've never heard or seen anyone say that. It literally means "today."

I'm currently learning Japanese ^-^

Yeah a lot of Japanese words/phrases can't be directly translated and have the same literal meaning.

It's crazy, but interesting! :biggrin:
Original post by AliceHeart

Yeah a lot of Japanese words/phrases can't be directly translated and have the same literal meaning.

Well I'm higher intermediate Japanese (between JLPT 2 and 1.) I'm currently in class as we speak. I still have never heard "kyou ha" as a greeting.
Oh did it say 今日は ?

Hmm me neither, that is a little strange :/
Oh did it say 今日は ?

Hmm me neither, that is a little strange :/

でしょう?
Reply 1654
It's read using different readings -> kon, nichi, ha. こんにちは。
Original post by Xurvi

Ah yeah... I think I had rarely seen it in kanji written that way then. My bad.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Xurvi

Ahh , I see ^-^

I'd love to learn Japanese one day :smile: After I'm good enough at Italian though :tongue:
I'd love to learn Japanese one day :smile: After I'm good enough at Italian though :tongue:

Haha that's funny, because I'd like to learn Italian when I'm done with Japanese :biggrin:
bonjour :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending