The Student Room Group

DOC insurance cover whilst under 25

Hi guys, never post here, but whilst doing a TON of searches on the internet for renewal this week (I'm 22 in 3 weeks) I found a fair few posts on here with people asking where to get DOC (Driving Other Cars) cover whilst being under 25 (old posts mind, but DOC cover is always nice).

Found a ton of old posts saying Adrian Flux, Bell, Admiral, Quinn (before they were bought out) and others, but when I called them the closest I could find was Adrian Flux, but apparently you only have a chance with them if you're over 23 with most of their insurers.

After about 7 or 8 phone calls I eventually found one! The Co-op!

They told me that they give DOC cover as standard to their policy holders regardless of age, so there you go, they do still exist for us young guns, just a bit harder to find :wink: Hope someone is helped out.

-Pellit.
Reply 1
That's good to know. I have fully comp insurance with Admiral but can't drive other cars as I'm under 25. Will have to look at co-op next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Well done + rep from me since, unlike so many folk on here, you could actually be bothered to pick up the phone!
When I was looking for insurance which allowed me to drive other cars I phoned at least 20 - 25 companies and the CO-OP were the only ones who said I could. A few of them said I have to be over 25 to drive other cars but doesn't matter about age for CO-OP. Jake
Reply 4
I am 20 with 3years no claims I am unable to get insured with co-op as they have quoted me 5k! I would much appreciate if anyone has any other companies offering this extension thankyou
I don't think you will have much (any) luck finding another insurer offering the same extension for under 25s. As I said above I phoned just about every insurer there was and the co-op was the only one which offered it for our age. But I will be pleased if someone does know of any others!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending