The Student Room Group

Bucket list ideas!

Hey! well I'm 18 in 2 days and hoping to go to uni in September, I don't really have much going on I'm my life at the moment and I've decided i want to do something exciting and basically i want to make my life a bit more interesting!

Well I was hoping to start a bucket list/ to do before i die/ life challenge list type thing where I can add loads of random things and then tick them off as I do them through out life.

I have all the original ones e.g love, degree, travel etc. I was looking for some ideas on less original things. I know that this type of thing is supposed to be personalised but I was only looking for some general ideas to get me started as I'm going to add extras to the list as I get older and as I find more things I wish to do anyway.

Ay ideas would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Get a job.
Start a collection of something random, not so original but I collect flags for every country I've been to, I've only got 10 so far but I'm getting there! :tongue:
Reply 3
The zoologist in me suggests seeing certain animals in the wild: such as Blue whales, great white sharks, polar bears, pandas etc.
Reply 4
Original post by Superunknown17
Start a collection of something random, not so original but I collect flags for every country I've been to, I've only got 10 so far but I'm getting there! :tongue:

Yeah I never actually thought about that! I collect pin badges, it started out as just cancer research pins but then everyone started buying and giving loads of random ones. I've now got loads ranging from some that are really old to some really random weird ones!

There are loads of things I've probably already done that I never really thought to add :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Gwilym101
The zoologist in me suggests seeing certain animals in the wild: such as Blue whales, great white sharks, polar bears, pandas etc.

Original post by Sam00
Go travelling?

Added, thaaaaanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rather than making a list of countries you would like to see why not make a list of things you'd like to do in said countries. Like for me Iceland is go in a hydrothermal pool.

Also, put skinny dipping on just for laughs!
Reply 7
Original post by hothedgehog
Rather than making a list of countries you would like to see why not make a list of things you'd like to do in said countries. Like for me Iceland is go in a hydrothermal pool.

Also, put skinny dipping on just for laughs!

Yeah I was thinking maybe a list of the different things I want to see and do around the world rather than just the different countries.

I'd love to stand in two countries at once(on the borders!) just to say that I have :biggrin:

Yeah skinny dipping is on just because its one of the classic things everyone should do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here are some of my own ideas, I don't know if they'll interest you though!

- Get your face in a newspaper/on TV
- Go bungee jumping
- Sleep under the stars
- Camp on the Beach
- Climb a volcano
- Research your family tree
- Crowd surf
- Save a life
- Give blood
- Travel in a submarine
- Have a paint fight
- Sleep in a hammock
- Stay awake for 24 hours
- Write a book

My bucket list is 101 things long!

Have fun with whatever you do :smile:
My sig explains my 'to-do before I die' activity. I know someone who is at #1535 but they have 20 years on me.
Skydiving without an instructor is definitely on mine
Original post by SophieLouise544
Here are some of my own ideas, I don't know if they'll interest you though!

- Get your face in a newspaper/on TV
- Go bungee jumping
- Sleep under the stars
- Camp on the Beach
- Climb a volcano
- Research your family tree
- Crowd surf
- Save a life
- Give blood
- Travel in a submarine
- Have a paint fight
- Sleep in a hammock
- Stay awake for 24 hours
- Write a book

My bucket list is 101 things long!

Have fun with whatever you do :smile:

Thaaaaaaanks! They all sounds great ive already got some of those on my list! I'm hoping to give blood in a couple of months, as I've been meaning too but i always get abit scared!

How much have you done so far? 101 seems like a lot but i suppose depending on how long you live your got a while to complete it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
swimming with tadpoles
Reply 13
You've reminded me I wrote a bucket list at the end of Year 11. I'm going to find it when I go home and have a good laugh I think :colone:
Original post by lauren_denman
Thaaaaaaanks! They all sounds great ive already got some of those on my list! I'm hoping to give blood in a couple of months, as I've been meaning too but i always get abit scared!

How much have you done so far? 101 seems like a lot but i suppose depending on how long you live your got a while to complete it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow! That's great :smile: I really want to do it but I think I'm too young at the moment :/ It looks like they take loads of blood but I'm sure it's fine :smile:

Not many, to be honest! Every time I complete one I have to think of one more to make it up to 101. Once I get to 18 I'll stop adding more, otherwise I'd still have 101 to do if I got to 80! Mine is mainly just to encourage me to take opportunities when offered them and to go out and have as many life experiences as possible :biggrin: I'd like to do everything but I don't know how long I'll live for!

So far, I've swam with dolphins, been to Disneyworld, completed my bronze D of E and seen SFG live. Oh wow 4. Haha that's not many :smile:
Become an extra on a tv show or movie.
Reply 16
- Meet Baines3
- Sleep with Baines3
- Cross yourself off Baines3's own Bucket List
I think pretty much every girl has a black guy on their bucket list before they go to uni
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a ****ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortgage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suit on hire purchase in a range of ****ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing ****ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry, the Trainspotting thing had to be done... But nah as someone has previously said, do a bungee jump! I did one a few years ago and it was incredible, such a huge adrenaline rush!
Also, if you're into going to gigs and stuff, I would definitely recommend going to a foreign festival. I went to Benicassim in Spain last year and I'm going again this year. Can honestly say it was one of the best weeks of my life!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending