The Student Room Group

Medicine in U.S.A./Canada, any chance for a UK student ??

Hiya, im currently doing biomedical sciences (2nd) at Keele and just wanted to know the possibility of doing medicine in America/Canada ?
Do they accept Bsc from UK universities to do Graduate entry there or must i do another degree in order to medicine in usa or canada ??
If anyone has any experiences of applying or any extra info it would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
they might put you in the foundation year first and then decide...if its alright to ask, keele is damn good I've heard loads about it, why do you want to quit that?

I'm from Canada :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by lilmissshady
they might put you in the foundation year first and then decide...if its alright to ask, keele is damn good I've heard loads about it, why do you want to quit that?

I'm from Canada :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I'll be applying after I finish my degree at Keele, I wouldn't mind staying at Keele (providng that i get an offer for medicine) its a proper nice place when it comes to the campus but once you leave the campus there is nothing to do at all (I'm living off campus at the moment and trust me it gets boring sometimes). I'm just looking at my options of applying abroad and Canada is proper nice place when I visited and being able to study Would be class
What do you study ?
Original post by mani92
Hiya, im currently doing biomedical sciences (2nd) at Keele and just wanted to know the possibility of doing medicine in America/Canada ?
Do they accept Bsc from UK universities to do Graduate entry there or must i do another degree in order to medicine in usa or canada ??
If anyone has any experiences of applying or any extra info it would be much appreciated :smile:

Thanks in advance

Hmm, I'm not too sure about this. I believe you might be enter a medicine program in Canada or the US, but only certain universities will allow international students to apply.

In Canada, I believe your chances will be really slim, since they usually only accept Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Don't fret though; you might have a chance, but don't count on it. As for the US, I believe it will be easier for you, since they have more colleges offering medicine programs that will accept international students. Don't take my word for it, since I'm not too sure about that.

In my opinion, I think it's best to stay in the UK to enter medicine. I guess there is some conversion program that will allow you to do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending