The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Granted it's only been three episodes she's been in, but heres my theory on Clara:

Spoiler

Well, that was rather lacklustre...
Original post by Yoghurt

That scene at the end with Celia Imrie on the floor, having been reduced to a child asking for her parents was probably the most chilling part of the episode for me.

I totally agree. That bit was brilliant. Does it mean that this 'client' approached her at that age? I reckon we're going to see more of this client.
Reply 63

Written by Amelia Williams. :h:

More interested in the dialogue during that though..

Clara - What chapter are you on?
Kid - 10
Clara - 11 is the best. You'll cry your eyes out.

Foreshadowing? I worry for 11 now. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Harrow.7
Did anyone else notice the book....Written by AMELIA WILLIAMS :colone:

I noticed that :biggrin: :biggrin: Made me laugh

Not as bad as I was anticipating. Great way to scare kids though, your internet will kill you :s-smilie:

I do love Jenna :colondollar:
Original post by Mother_Russia
I totally agree. That bit was brilliant. Does it mean that this 'client' approached her at that age? I reckon we're going to see more of this client.

Yeah, that means that she's been working for the client since then :frown: That is the first time I have felt sorry for an enemy in a long time.
Well, at least we now know what Clara's girlfriend Nina now looks like. =)
I loved it (but then again I love practically every Doctor Who episode). I adore Clara :love: and the bow-tie :sexface:
Reply 68
Original post by Scienceisgood
Well, at least we now know what Clara's girlfriend Nina now looks like. =)

I don't remember a Nina...
Reply 69
Original post by Mr.Messy

Kid - 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the 11 bit refers to the 11th Doctor and the 1Oth....
and the cover looks like
The Doctor (Black Haired)
Rory (Blonde)
and Amy (The girl)
o.O
Original post by Mr.Messy

Kid - 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not, as soon as he's gone followed by Moffat, the better.
Reply 71
Seems at least one of the writers has had issues with neighbours leeching off their internet...
I thought that was brilliant, then again, I think I'm just in love with Clara-Oswin.
Am I the only one who wants to see some Nina-Clara action?
I loved this episode!
I thought it was a good episode, especially after the Christmas special, which was pretty much just advertising the BBC's support for homosexuality then the rest trying to appeal to ten year-olds.

Was a bit funny that one of the masterminds of this organisation which could hack into peoples' brains turned out to be a plumber.
Reply 76
That episode really wasn't as bad as I was expecting!
Hopefully I can get my hopes up for this series then :smile:
I felt it was a lot of recycled ideas.

- The Great Intelligence in this episode reminded a lot of the Jagrafess from Series 1 in Satellite Five with the whole controlling and caring thing.
- The 'go and away and come back for tea' reminded me of when he convinced Rose to go with him in series 1. Ok, so he might repeat himself a lot, but it seems a very similar pattern, young girl goes(or assuming goes) because she can return without any time having passed.

Wasn't a fan of the new theme or introduction sequence either. Just preferred the old ones, they fitted the show better I feel.
Also, next episode from the 'next time' seemed to remind me of The Fires of Pompeii. Will reserve judgement until I see it though.

Original post by Miracle Day
I still think UNIT deserves a series of it's own, starring Martha

Could be good, aye.
(edited 11 years ago)
Watching old episodes from Series 2 and realising that although the new series is good, it doesn't quite have the same impact as the 10th Doctor series did... I hate to admit it because I love the show more than anything.
However, it should get increasingly better as it builds up to the 50th anniversary. I'm always an optimist :smile:
I really enjoyed it, guessing the story arc for this series is "who is clara" and "what is the great intelligence" (after all that was the christmas episode as well)

Quick Reply

Latest