The Student Room Group

Biology and chemistry A-level

How do you revise for AS biology and chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
I find the best way of revising any subject is talking to someone else also revising for that subject. If you're 'teaching' each other you're a lot more likely to remember it!

Don't ever skip a topic you don't know. Don't spend hours on a topic you find easy, tackle the hard ones until it becomes like the easy ones.
Reply 2
Write up your notes in a manageable way - eg. by text book chapter, but condense them into what you need to know to begin with. Rewrite all your notes with only the things you don't remember, condensing them more and more each time you rewrite them, until you're only writing the couple of things you don't remember about the topic. Eventually, you'll remember all of it.

Do as many practise papers as you can, and go over the answers and mark yourself harshly. Look at the mark scheme on what you got wrong and make a note of it for next time. Hopefully you'll remember the mistake you made and learn from it. Literally, just do all the papers. If you can get someone else to mark you, that might help.

I find this a slightly more amusing way of revising if you're with friends: make flash cards, and get someone to challenge you and a friend to a "flash-card duel". One person reads the card, and the two "competitors" have to make a buzzer noise. The one who "buzzes" first answers the question. If they get it right, they keep the card. If they get it wrong, the other person can have a go or you can put the card at the back of the pack. It continues 'til there's no cards left, and the "competitor" with the bigger pile of cards wins. It's useful because you learn from what you got wrong last time, and also what the other person got wrong. It also appeals to my ridiculously competitive side. :wink:

Hope this helps.
Original post by tayyabahmed
How do you revise for AS biology and chemistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You'll find some posts on this thread useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2235247.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending