The Student Room Group

Should I take Biology or Chemistry for A Level?

I am a Year 11 student and I need to make my choices for A Level soon. I have decided on Psychology and Maths, even though I dont like Maths. But it opens a lot of doors in the future so I thought that would be a good idea.

For my last choice, I am stuck between Chemistry and Biology. Everyone is saying to pick what I enjoy most but I don't particularly enjoy either.

Please let me know what you think I should do!!
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
i think biology is easier and there are lots of jobs in the field however chemstry has better paid jobs .although it is harder to get a solid job in chemistry it has more pay.biology is considerably eaier and personally would do biology as it is easier and u can get a job where you help people
Original post by antisocial-mat
I am a Year 11 student and I need to make my choices for A Level soon. I have decided on Psychology and Maths, even though I dont like Maths. But it opens a lot of doors in the future so I thought that would be a good idea.

For my last choice, I am stuck between Chemistry and Biology. Everyone is saying to pick what I enjoy most but I don't particularly enjoy either.

Hi @antisocial-mat,

I did both biology and chemistry during my A-Levels and enjoyed them both equally. Generally speaking, I found biology an easier subject and many of my peers did as well. Biology requires a limited knowledge of Maths, whereas A-Level Chemistry requires a much deeper understanding of Maths. I've also noticed that when practicing Chemistry exam papers I had to be a lot more specific and precise with my answers than Biology past papers.

Have you thought about what you would like to study in university? Chemistry is recommended and preferred by many universities, regardless of which course.

Hope this helps,
Danish
BCU Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by antisocial-mat

Both work with your other choices. Maths and chemistry is a good combination but biology probably works better with psychology. I think it depends on what you would like to do at university.

Quick Reply

Latest