The Student Room Group

Would you date a Foriegner....

Scroll to see replies

I would as long as there wasn't a language barrier.
Reply 21
If she is from european yes
Yup.
Reply 23
I'm foreigner in my relationship and actually I moved here to be with my boyfriend... we are together 3 years now.. so why not? :smile:
Yes!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 25
Yup, I'm currently dating a French guy. Hopefully it will still work out when I move back to London in September.
Reply 26
Something a little concerning about the post title ie why not? There are bound to be many 'foreigners' you fancy the pants off..

I know language can be a barrier. In fact I have wondered what it would be like to makelove with someone you didn't share a language with but found incredibly attractive. Sheer, heady, sensual, bonding - but then frustrating afterwards..
Reply 27
I am originally Scandinavian and I have rarely been out with someone Scandinavian.

Everybody's different, but the culture you've been raised in has a pretty big impact. From experience, I prefer men from France or Switzerland, maybe even Germany. I am generally not into men who have been raised in very feminist countries, but I wouldn't want them to be too far in the opposite direction. Parisians generally falls somewhere in the middle. Middle Europe is usually where I click with men the most easily. They also have a great sense of culture there, in terms of food, being intellectual, they dress well and so on.
Of course you have to know what you're getting into. I've lived in France so I know the deal on French men. I would never ever date someone long distance though. It's bound to end eventually (pretty soon with a French guy anyway).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by CreedofMaurus
So would you date a person not from your country? Do you? Is it a realistic chance to have a proper relationship knowing they will leave in a few years...

Yes and I do. She isn't in the country at the moment anyway so no fear of her leaving :tongue: well, leaving the country at least :lol:
Yeah, depends on their personality.
Reply 30
Let's just be clear. The apparently English person who started this topic can't spell 'foreigner'..............
Reply 31
bit random but ye I would
I'm foreign and not planning to move back home anytime soon. If I'm still with my boyfriend after uni I'll move in with him.
Reply 33
I've never not dated a foreigner :biggrin:
Reply 34
Yes! Some of those accents :sexface:
One of my parents is "a foreigner" and one of my boyfriend's parents is "a foreigner" and both are still happily settled in this country and have five well-adjusted, happy children between them.

By your logic, I suppose that since both my boyfriend and I are half foreign, we should have even less chance of success? Personally, I find having a mixture of cultures creates a more open-minded, dynamic and interesting relationship.
Already have done! I have no idea which country I'm going to settle in (I may stay in UK, I may leave the UK) - so I don't think it should really affect my dating options.
I'd certainly consider dating a foreigner if I liked them enough.
Reply 38
Original post by CreedofMaurus
So would you date a person not from your country?

I most certainly would, you can't help who you fall for and if she happens to be from another country then I'd try and make it work :smile:
Original post by Millie228
I am originally Scandinavian and I have rarely been out with someone Scandinavian.

Everybody's different, but the culture you've been raised in has a pretty big impact. From experience, I prefer men from France or Switzerland, maybe even Germany. I am generally not into men who have been raised in very feminist countries, but I wouldn't want them to be too far in the opposite direction. Parisians generally falls somewhere in the middle. Middle Europe is usually where I click with men the most easily. They also have a great sense of culture there, in terms of food, being intellectual, they dress well and so on.
Of course you have to know what you're getting into. I've lived in France so I know the deal on French men. I would never ever date someone long distance though. It's bound to end eventually (pretty soon with a French guy anyway).

what countries are feminist countries...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending