The Student Room Group

returning used goods at Topshop, what do I do?!

Well my boyfriend got me a pair of £68 suede heels from Topshop, and after one use the ankle strap has fallen out and the suede has rubbed off substantially,and I feel that they don't meet the purpose of shoes (especially shoes of this price!) Do you know if I could get a refund or anything as I am seriously dissatisfied :frown:
Reply 1
Hiya :smile:
I work in a shoe shop so I get this quite often. If you have your receipt and are still within the date of the returns policy of Topshop then you should definitely be able to get your money back.
If you dont have a receipt or you're past the date of the returns policy, they should offer you an exchange or a gift card of the same value as the shoes since they are obviously faulty.

Just bring them back and be confident about what you're asking, it shouldn't be any hassle.
Reply 2
thankyou! I do, they were purchased about a week ago too, I'm just terrible with arguing
but hey, that's what older sisters are for ;D
They look wrecked, and I only wore them to a meal!
Thankyou xxx
Reply 3
Yeah, that will be fine. Just to in with your receipt and show them shoes and tell them how you don't believe they are fit for purpose. You'll get a refund. :smile:
Reply 4
Iv worked in Topshop for three years, if they are faulty, you don't need your receipt. Just take them back in the box, preferably with the receipt and tell them you want to return them and explain. You are legally allow your money back, however they will try to get you to swap them or gift card you the value first that would be no problem what so ever :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Hey,

i bought a topshop 100% silk boutique shirt dress for £85 and a jumper that was £38. When home I realised that the shirt was missing the top button and it didn't suit me. The jumper was small and as well wasn't quite as good.

So I went back to topshop today and basically told them why I don't want them and the lady said that the shirt isn't in a saleable condition because the material where the size is and the tag is, is slightly ripped and it doesn't feel the same... Yet I didn't wash it. The jumper also had a hole in it where according to her the tag would of been which it came across as she was accusing me of stealing, as a person who spends around 300 a month on their clothes, visits their shop every 3 days... I felt pretty annoyed. I had no idea I bought a faulty item as I didn't even wear it for no longer than 1 minute. They refused a return and I'm wondering why can't I get it, will customer services respond in a more positive way?
Original post by Mollllieeee
Hey,

i bought a topshop 100% silk boutique shirt dress for £85 and a jumper that was £38. When home I realised that the shirt was missing the top button and it didn't suit me. The jumper was small and as well wasn't quite as good.

So I went back to topshop today and basically told them why I don't want them and the lady said that the shirt isn't in a saleable condition because the material where the size is and the tag is, is slightly ripped and it doesn't feel the same... Yet I didn't wash it. The jumper also had a hole in it where according to her the tag would of been which it came across as she was accusing me of stealing, as a person who spends around 300 a month on their clothes, visits their shop every 3 days... I felt pretty annoyed. I had no idea I bought a faulty item as I didn't even wear it for no longer than 1 minute. They refused a return and I'm wondering why can't I get it, will customer services respond in a more positive way?

Do you have a receipt? If you do, you're fine. Remember your SAD FART rights. Which translate as, goods should be:

Satisfactory
As
Described

Fit for purpose
And I can't remember what the ART stands for.

Without a receipt the terms are blurrier...check out moneysavingexpert.com and it should give you more info!

Quick Reply

Latest