The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Returning students

Are there any kind of group chats available for returners or is that only for freshers? Also is there a good amount of 2nd/3rd years returning to halls rather than staying off campus?
Original post by Anonymous
Are there any kind of group chats available for returners or is that only for freshers? Also is there a good amount of 2nd/3rd years returning to halls rather than staying off campus?

Hi Anonymous!

I'm not sure about returners group chats, but it might be worth checking facebook as most group chats are made there? I would have a look for you but don't have facebook :smile:

And I don't have specific numbers but yes it seems so! I am going back into halls for my third year and so is my friend. There are also lots of halls reserved specifically for returners (e.g. Bridges Townhouse), so I assume it's a decent number.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Eliza :smile:
2nd Year Education Studies Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniofReading
Hi Anonymous!

I'm not sure about returners group chats, but it might be worth checking facebook as most group chats are made there? I would have a look for you but don't have facebook :smile:

And I don't have specific numbers but yes it seems so! I am going back into halls for my third year and so is my friend. There are also lots of halls reserved specifically for returners (e.g. Bridges Townhouse), so I assume it's a decent number.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Eliza :smile:
2nd Year Education Studies Student

Ah okay thanks, I’ll be returning to halls and staying at Mackinder. Will you be getting all new flatmates when you return to your hall? Because I applied individually so wanted to know if I’ll be put in a flat with other returners and not 1st years.
Reply 3
If you find any chats, please post links!

Ah okay thanks, I’ll be returning to halls and staying at Mackinder. Will you be getting all new flatmates when you return to your hall? Because I applied individually so wanted to know if I’ll be put in a flat with other returners and not 1st years.

Hey!

As far as I'm aware, they try to put returning students together where possible and freshers all together as much as possible too, largely as they will all be in the same boat/phase of their university journey! I know a lot of people who have gone back into halls for 2nd/3rd/ even 4th years, and they have all been with returning students as far as I know. You definitely won't be the only one, so don't worry!

Hope this helps. Good luck for your 2nd year!

Skye
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
Reply 5
Original post by OJ1999
If you find any chats, please post links!

Will do! Are you a returning 2nd year also? What course are you continuing? And are you staying in halls or off campus this year?

Wishing you a great year :smile:
Reply 6

I got mackinder too as a 2nd year returning too
Reply 7
Ohh great! Did you apply individually? What block are you in? I’m in Fawley House Floor 3, from what I’ve heard that’s the block that most returning students are at this year…

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending