The Student Room Group

is shein bad???

i found some really cute clothing on shein but im so worried they will come cheap and nothing like the photo. alot of ppl either find really good things or horrible pieces - and i dont think they do returns??
anyone have any experience with shein ???

Scroll to see replies

I don’t have exp but I’m interested in this as well
Original post by glowing_starfish
I don’t have exp but I’m interested in this as well

maybe someone will help us out soon😂
I myself never understood how shein works. I have many friends who haven’t had good experiences with shein products but then there are people who simply adore shein. It’s pretty confusing
Original post by username2005
i found some really cute clothing on shein but im so worried they will come cheap and nothing like the photo. alot of ppl either find really good things or horrible pieces - and i dont think they do returns??

Try clothes shopping on Amazon, you could even get a seven day free try on with Prime Wardrobe.
Original post by TSR Monster
Try clothes shopping on Amazon, you could even get a seven day free try on with Prime Wardrobe.

i dont know if i trust amazon enough to buy clothing of it 😂
i dont know if i trust amazon enough to buy clothing of it 😂

I had no problem with it, I'm sure you won't either. You'll never know, unless you try.
Reply 7
I've only ordered once but had a pretty good experience. The quality is what you pay for so not amazing but not bad. 😆 One thing to note is your sizes vary depending on the item so check the measurement guide each time. Also look at the reviews and images of how other people looked in them. Simpler items are probably more reliable. Also you may get 15% off with a student code! 🤗
Reply 8
The quality depends on the product, and also loads of people are satisfied with different things. Some of their clothing is rlly see through and feels cheap and the bikinis will either fit right or really weirdly, however they are legit and do real clothing unlike many other online shopping websites, the clothes are cheap because the material and labour is cheap, the pictures always look better than real life but that's the case with a lot of other high street retailers, if you really want something I suggest buying like one or two things to see what its like, but don't expect it to be the same quality of more well known slights pricier brands. just a note, don't buy the jersey skirts / body con skirts unless you want your underwear to be seen (leather skirts or suede skirts should be fine) I'm guessing this also applies to thin dresses because they will be see through

I ordered some stuff the other day and when it arrived I was really impressed like I wasn't expecting the quality I got ngl😂
Original post by j5n
The quality depends on the product, and also loads of people are satisfied with different things. Some of their clothing is rlly see through and feels cheap and the bikinis will either fit right or really weirdly, however they are legit and do real clothing unlike many other online shopping websites, the clothes are cheap because the material and labour is cheap, the pictures always look better than real life but that's the case with a lot of other high street retailers, if you really want something I suggest buying like one or two things to see what its like, but don't expect it to be the same quality of more well known slights pricier brands. just a note, don't buy the jersey skirts / body con skirts unless you want your underwear to be seen (leather skirts or suede skirts should be fine) I'm guessing this also applies to thin dresses because they will be see through

Thankyou ! This will help alot if i decide to buy anything i was also wondering about being able to returning things as that would be a big problem
Original post by lauradaniellex
I ordered some stuff the other day and when it arrived I was really impressed like I wasn't expecting the quality I got ngl😂

you got lucky then😂
I ordered some stuff the other day and have returned it all apart from a t shirt. Some stuff was ok quality, the others really wasn’t what I was expecting. I got some pyjamas and they were made from the cheap shiny material and some other stuff wasn’t great quality either but it wasn’t bad and everything did look the same as the pictures. Everything was very wrinkly when it arrived which didn’t help when I tried it on. The sizing varied a lot some fitted some didn’t. The top I was happy with was the same as a top on a more expensive website (obviously I was expecting the quality to not be as good) and that was nice but the hem rolls up but I did realise the one they copied (I’m presuming) has a hem that rolls up too. It’s not bad but it’s not great. I think primark is cheaper and better but then has less choice and obviously you can’t order online. I think it depends on the product. Make sure to read all the reviews first and how big/small people say they fit. Bear in mind returns are £2.50 which isn’t bad but they’re not free
Reply 13
Thankyou ! This will help alot if i decide to buy anything i was also wondering about being able to returning things as that would be a big problem

their return policy says 45 days and I'm sure it's still the same during this current situation, hope this helps!
i’ve ordered quite a few times and tbh it just depends on what you buy i’ve had really good trousers from there for less than £15 but awful tops for £30+ and the sizing isn’t accurate in the slightest for most things 😂
I've ordered from there a few times & haven't had any problems with it so far. All the things I've bought from there were basically as described & what I expected.
I've been tempted to order from there but I've seen mixed reviews both off and on the site itself... I saw a skirt I fell in love with but I didn't want to take the risk so I ended up ordering the same fabric and making it myself, turned out much better than the one I was going to buy!
One of my friend loves shein. She always tells me to look at the pictures and reviews before ordering. Also never buy anything that doesn’t have any reviews or maybe just 1 or 2 reviews. Honestly she puts a lot of time in ordering something from shein and that doesn’t look appealing to me so I just choose not to order anything for myself from shein 😂
What’s the return policy on shein?
Reply 19
Original post by mnaureen
One of my friend loves shein. She always tells me to look at the pictures and reviews before ordering. Also never buy anything that doesn’t have any reviews or maybe just 1 or 2 reviews. Honestly she puts a lot of time in ordering something from shein and that doesn’t look appealing to me so I just choose not to order anything for myself from shein 😂

Most of the reviews are also lies

Quick Reply

Latest