The Student Room Group

Can I use a National Express West Midlands Daysaver ticket on a sapphire arriva bus?

Are the sapphire buses part of west midlands or do I have to get seperate tickets on the sapphire bus?
Original post by Anonymusy
Are the sapphire buses part of west midlands or do I have to get seperate tickets on the sapphire bus?

Hi there,

I attempted to do this while I was at college but you would require a separate ticket unfortunately because national express is a different bus company.

Hope that helped!
Rachel- YSJ student rep
Reply 2
Original post by Rachel_ysj
Hi there,

I attempted to do this while I was at college but you would require a separate ticket unfortunately because national express is a different bus company.

Hope that helped!
Rachel- YSJ student rep

Thanks, that was helpful. I googled the arriva tickets and they're different. Do you know how much the fares are? I'm not sure if it would be cheaper to get a Daysaver or return ticket from what research I've done, there's no prices unless you buy online but that only let's you buy for the day not a specific date and I wouldn't have time on the day to do that and I'm not sure if prices are the same if you buy from the bus driver like how do I get a ticket? Online it says you tell the driver where you want to go and if you're returning the same day or not and then they will tell you. I feel like it's going to be more expensive as it'll be over an hour going and back plus the NX west midlands Daysaver I have to get from home to the arriva bus and back 😩
Original post by Anonymusy
Thanks, that was helpful. I googled the arriva tickets and they're different. Do you know how much the fares are? I'm not sure if it would be cheaper to get a Daysaver or return ticket from what research I've done, there's no prices unless you buy online but that only let's you buy for the day not a specific date and I wouldn't have time on the day to do that and I'm not sure if prices are the same if you buy from the bus driver like how do I get a ticket? Online it says you tell the driver where you want to go and if you're returning the same day or not and then they will tell you. I feel like it's going to be more expensive as it'll be over an hour going and back plus the NX west midlands Daysaver I have to get from home to the arriva bus and back 😩

No worries, I'm glad I could help!

I'm not entirely sure how it works with arriva buses as I tend to avoid them because I like to get to my destinations using just national express buses which saves me bus money. I assume you could be able to either use the app to buy tickets, or you can scan your card rather than paying for cash if you do not have the exact change. According to the website, it says that return tickets are not available to use in the Midlands if that sways your decision. With West Midlands Daysavers, you can save money depending on where you are getting the bus. For example, if you are in the Sandwell and Dudley zone, you can get a day ticket for £3, but if you travel to Wolverhampton, you would have to get a normal daysaver for £4.

I hope this helps, I also tried looking for prices online but could not find a conclusive amount unfortunately.

Good luck!
Rachel - YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending