The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Reach S4 Summer School

Hi there, has anybody applied for the summer school this year? Still heard nothing back from them about whether I got in or not; anybody else in the same situation?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Craigenhogen
Hi there, has anybody applied for the summer school this year? Still heard nothing back from them about whether I got in or not; anybody else in the same situation?

Good luck! :h:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by Ecosse_14
Good luck! :h:

Thanks! Still waiting on them telling me... Probably the only bad thing about St. Andrews is the time they take to tell you whether you've got a place on a degree course/summer school/whatever!
Reply 3
Thanks! Still waiting on them telling me... Probably the only bad thing about St. Andrews is the time they take to tell you whether you've got a place on a degree course/summer school/whatever!

Hopefully the wait's worth it! :yy:
Reply 4
Hopefully the wait's worth it! :yy:

The teacher organising collecting all the personal statements and stuff said mine was really good so I'm pretty confident :smile:
Reply 5
The teacher organising collecting all the personal statements and stuff said mine was really good so I'm pretty confident :smile:

Nice. :awesome: Have you done Reach before, or is the summer school your first time?
Reply 6
Nice. :awesome: Have you done Reach before, or is the summer school your first time?

I've not done any Reach stuff before but I have been on a summer school to the University of Edinburgh when I was in S2. I've been counting the days till I can go to Uni ever since :colondollar:
Reply 7
I've not done any Reach stuff before but I have been on a summer school to the University of Edinburgh when I was in S2. I've been counting the days till I can go to Uni ever since :colondollar:

Haha, you're keen! :tongue:
Reply 8
Anything to escape the chav infested hole I call "school"
Reply 9
Anything to escape the chav infested hole I call "school"

Ah, I remember those days.

Let us know when you hear from Reach :h:
Oh, and welcome to TSR :tongue:
Reply 10
Ah, I remember those days.

Let us know when you hear from Reach :h:
Oh, and welcome to TSR :tongue:

Hopefully it'll be soon and thanks :smile:
Reply 11
Just got a letter through the door and I'm in!!! :biggrin:
Just got a letter through the door and I'm in!!! :biggrin:

Niceee, congrats! :woo:
Reply 13
Niceee, congrats! :woo:

Thanks! The letter says we're staying in St. Salvators Hall; isn't that the one Wills and Kate stayed in in first year?
Thanks! The letter says we're staying in St. Salvators Hall; isn't that the one Wills and Kate stayed in in first year?

It sure is. :yep:
What subject are you going for? :h:
Reply 16
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
What subject are you going for? :h:

Medicine, it was either that or economics. I want to study physics at St. Andrews after I leave school though :smile:
Medicine, it was either that or economics. I want to study physics at St. Andrews after I leave school though :smile:

That's a weird choice, but okay! I would have done physics had I not chosen medicine, funnily enough. :tongue:
That's a weird choice, but okay! I would have done physics had I not chosen medicine, funnily enough. :tongue:

Oh hey, imposter :tongue:

They only get the option of medicine or economics because they're the 2 most competitive courses (except IR) at St Andrews, and REACH is all about applying to competitive courses and all that. The unis that take part in it aim it at 2 or 3 subjects.
Reply 19

I should have made myself clearer lol, we could only choose between medicine and economics. :tongue: I love physics though just because I see it as the base of all the sciences and I like equations lol :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending