The Student Room Group

Fashion work experience help!

Hi, I’m an S4 (Year 11) pupil in Edinburgh, and our school has now set the deadline for work experience placement dates. I’ve yet to find anywhere. I want to work in Luxury Fashion Marketing and PR however I’m struggling to find a relevant work experience opportunities in Edinburgh. If anyone has any advice for how to find any luxury fashion work experience opportunities please let me know!
Original post by elcatu
Hi, I’m an S4 (Year 11) pupil in Edinburgh, and our school has now set the deadline for work experience placement dates. I’ve yet to find anywhere. I want to work in Luxury Fashion Marketing and PR however I’m struggling to find a relevant work experience opportunities in Edinburgh. If anyone has any advice for how to find any luxury fashion work experience opportunities please let me know!

Hi @elcatu

Not sure if you will have tried this already, but you could try reaching out to brands and companies directly, most likely via email, and send them a message asking about work experience. I'm currently looking for a placement as part of my degree so I know the struggle! I've found I have had the best response if I send over an email to brands and attach my CV, portfolio, cover letter to the email, so a brand can look over everything in one go. You could also try sending messages to brands over on Instagram - slightly more informal but your messages may be picked up quicker than an email.

Hopefully you get something sorted!
Emily 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending