Set B: no of black = no of white

just taken the test btw, got 900 in DA but 490 in VR @@
Reply 982
Original post by 3281916
Set A: no of black = no of grey
Set B: no of black = no of white

just taken the test btw, got 900 in DA but 490 in VR @@

ahhh THANKS!!!
wow 900 in DA is AMAZING! how did you get that score??? how long did you prepare??
Ive got 2 weeks and 1 day until my test. I started preparing intensely 2 days ago . Ive got nothing else to do with my time so do you think peparing intensely for the next few weeks is enough time?? Most people say give yourself a month ahhhhh
i believe i have 46 days till mine.started on the 600Q and Medify
Reply 984
Original post by tamil4
i believe i have 46 days till mine.started on the 600Q and Medify

That's 1month, 2weeks, 4days. You have enough time. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello!
I'm a second year medical student at Leicester, if anybody needs any advice for the UKCAT or any other general admissions questions i'll try my best to help you out! It was only a couple of years ago that I went through the same process, and I managed to attain 3 offers :smile:
Haven't seen a DA or AR score below 680 this year! Wonder if they made it easier because of the SJT...
Reply 987
DA was very easy..

People should focus on the VR, thats by far the most challenging.

And the forms from AR were quite different from Medify but yea..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 988
This is a question to those who have already done the exam. Are the VR passages long or can they be read before answering the questions, cos that is the only way I can answer the new four option questions?
Reply 989
Mine were as long as the T/F/ CT questions ..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ohms_
This is a question to those who have already done the exam. Are the VR passages long or can they be read before answering the questions, cos that is the only way I can answer the new four option questions?

Unanswerable question; the test questions are randomly allocated so everyone will give you a different answer. I had relatively long passages, but some will have had shorter ones. Prepare with long ones just in case.
Reply 991
What would you say is a good technique for answering the new style questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 992
Original post by Matt9989
Hey all,

Just sat my Ukcat and I tell you practice VR.

Got:

370/900 VR !!!
560/900 QR
690/900 AR
900/900 DA

Band 3 ..?!

So I m basically screwed..
Got maybe 80-90% the other type of VR questions, so not the cozy cant telltrue false ones.. and thats what I prepared and now I sit here with my ****ty 630 avg.

Any advice for my application? I guess Southhampton and Queens Belfast( non Ucas anyway) ? What else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

I wouldn't say it's '****ty'. I'd probably say ..it could have been better but that all's not lost.

Have a look at Liverpool perhaps ..as I don't think they consider the ukcat that much .

The band 3 is for the situational judgement test (band 1 being the highest)

Just out of curiosity why did you sit it so early?

Good Luck! :smile:
Just come home from my ukcat and considering I was scraping around 50% in all sections last night, and completely panicking, im very very happy :biggrin:

VR 620/900
QR 800/900
AR 660/900
DA 900/900
And Band 1 in SJ

Thank you everyone for telling me to calm down, there is no way I could have got that without doing what you all said :biggrin:
Reply 994
Original post by sarahlikesgrapes
Just come home from my ukcat and considering I was scraping around 50% in all sections last night, and completely panicking, im very very happy :biggrin:

VR 620/900
QR 800/900
AR 660/900
DA 900/900
And Band 1 in SJ

Thank you everyone for telling me to calm down, there is no way I could have got that without doing what you all said :biggrin:

ahh.. thats so great!!!
Well done!! :smile:
Original post by sarahlikesgrapes

VR 620/900
QR 800/900
AR 660/900
DA 900/900
And Band 1 in SJ

Well done!!

People are doing really well this year :smile:
What are the new 4 option q's?
Right, now I think it' definitely easier than last year! I literally haven't seen a bad score yet! At least admissions will have a tougher time this year :P
Reply 998
I just can't do QR at all. On Emedica and in 600Q book I'm fine, but on the mocks I can't do it fast enough!

My test is Wednesday and now I'm panicking. Thinking of moving it back :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StephenNaulls
I just can't do QR at all. On Emedica and in 600Q book I'm fine, but on the mocks I can't do it fast enough!

My test is Wednesday and now I'm panicking. Thinking of moving it back :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rather than doing set practice questions, from now on just focus on speeding up on the basic calculations. Try and be able to work out percentages (increases/decreases) as fast as possible, converting numbers mentally (i.e. km to miles, £ to $), make sure you know your area/volume calculations and learn the associated tricks (e.g. don't square every number if you're required to work out the area -- just multiply the sides of a square, for example, and square the answer).

Latest

Trending

Trending