The Student Room Group

AQA A Psychology AS PSYA1 PSYA2 June 2013

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any predictions on the longer questions that might be coming up in these exams :smile: feel free to discuss revision you have been doing and any questions about the subject!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

I think they'll do something really hard for the 12 marker like privation/day care/ deprivation :frown: I hope they don't though...
Also, is anyone else finding trouble with remembering all the studies? :frown: and has anyone done any past papers?!
Original post by Applesapples
Also, is anyone else finding trouble with remembering all the studies? :frown: and has anyone done any past papers?!

Its just a nightmare isnt it! Ive nearly remembered all the memory research studies but then BAM! attachment studies :frown: ahhh how are we suppose to remember such detail for about 50 studies :/ Does anyone know how to get the past paper for Jan 2013? Ive done a bit of past paper questions but i guess its just panicking me even more. What do people think will be on the 8 marker question? and what grades did people get for this exam?
Reply 4
Original post by kate_louise21
Its just a nightmare isnt it! Ive nearly remembered all the memory research studies but then BAM! attachment studies :frown: ahhh how are we suppose to remember such detail for about 50 studies :/ Does anyone know how to get the past paper for Jan 2013? Ive done a bit of past paper questions but i guess its just panicking me even more. What do people think will be on the 8 marker question? and what grades did people get for this exam?

http://freepdfdb.com/pdf/psychology-specification-a-psya1-59941627.html Jan 2013 PSYA1

thankyou do you know where the mark scheme is for this paper as well?
Reply 6
Privation and day care unlikely to come up, as privation came up in January.
Reply 7
The 12 mark privation question in jan was what I lost so many A02 marks on... hoping for better in PSYA2... :smile:
Reply 8
Does anyone else think PSYA2 is a lot harder? the immune system and biological stuff?
Reply 9
Original post by yerrkl
Does anyone else think PSYA2 is a lot harder? the immune system and biological stuff?

Yes I think it's harder and there is a lot more content to learn this time around :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Yeah, I don't know how i'll do on this one, conformity and abnormality are alright, but I hate stress. I've got a bit of a buffer from January though but hopefully that wont be necessary
I'm struggling on research methods! Can tell I'm going to drop marks on those. anyone got any advice on how to revise for that???
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Maishaashraf
I'm struggling on research methods! Can tell I'm going to drop marks on those. anyone got any advice on how to revise for that???

Go through everything in your notes, trust me it's really important, I didn't enough in Jan and lost marks for it. I think this website might help you, I'm going to use it to go over for PSYA2 because they can ask research methods in that aswell! :frown:

Good luck and I hope this helps! :smile: http://www.psychteacher.co.uk/research-methods-in-psychology.html
Reply 13
Unlikely privation or day care will come up, as they came up in January 2013 and June 2012 respectively.
Don't hold me to it though, AQA are tricky as hell.
Reply 14
Does anyone know how you would answer the BPS question in Jan 13 paper? I wouldn't have a clue.. I want to see the mark scheme to see what they are actually looking for. I don't even remember being taught that. Does anyone have the mark scheme? :frown:
Reply 15
The 12 marker will most likely be on Memory as the last two were Attachment. Predictions
the working memory model
misleading information on EWT - most likely!
Anxiety on EWT
Age on EWT

However if people answered the 12 marker poorly last exam they may throw it in again, AQA are awkward like that!
Reply 17
I think a 12 marker on the Cognitive interview will come up, seeing as there hasn't been a 12 marker on that since 09'.
Praying for a 12 marker on EWT, it's one of the only topics that doesn't have too much research haha!
Original post by johngob
I think a 12 marker on the Cognitive interview will come up, seeing as there hasn't been a 12 marker on that since 09'.

is there enough AO2 for that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending