The Student Room Group

AQA A Psychology AS PSYA1 PSYA2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

For the twelve mark I outlined and evaluated Holmes and Rahe, evaluated and criticised with some DeLongis research (hope that's right as I only learnt it yesterday) and then outline Bouteyre and managed one evaluation point for that (I was spending way too much time on it). Overall though I'm very happy with it, some questions were beautiful, e.g. the minority influence one and psychoanalysis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2341
On the 8 marker about resisting pressures to conform, did you have to evaluate it?
lol that exam was gay as ****. ****ed it up so bad, **** I hate psychology. legit subject of peace, not srs
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2343
Original post by Rick_095
On the 8 marker about resisting pressures to conform, did you have to evaluate it?

It said to discuss, so I would imagine you outline the ways in which people resist pressure to conform and then as evaluation you'd back it up with research, like variations of Asch's study.

Overall I was pretty pleased with that exam.
Reply 2344
Ah okay, and that question about the bar chart; did you have to use all four pieces of data (four bars)? Or just the after treatment data (two bars)?
Lots of people asked for more paper! I found myself using the extra space on most questions but no need for extra paper. What about everyone else because on the examiner reports it says u can get full marks on the allocated lines

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mrs_usher4
Lots of people asked for more paper! I found myself using the extra space on most questions but no need for extra paper. What about everyone else because on the examiner reports it says u can get full marks on the allocated lines

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used the extra lines but no extra paper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I evaluated it by adding research to support each concept ie locus of control - Blass and role of allies - Allen + Levine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2348
Basically screw that exam. I did pretty well on the most the questions but the 12 mark, 8 mark and 8 mark I completely screwed up on. If they had asked almost anything else for the 12 mark, 8 mark and 8 mark I could of probably answered it. That was bull.
How many raw marks can you drop and still get an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2350
Original post by KatiexZoe
How many raw marks can you drop and still get an A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think you need like 52 marks or something for an A so you can drop 20 marks I think?
Reply 2351
Ah okay, and that question about the bar chart; did you have to use all four pieces of data (four bars)? Or just the after treatment data (two bars)?

You probably should have used all four pieces of data, so you could've split it up into "before therapy" and "after therapy".
I did sooooo bad on the resisting pressures to conform question :frown:

I think you did.
Well that was a nice paper:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Loved it!!!
I hope the grade boundaries are low!!!
Reply 2357
what was the twelve marker on? I hope everyone did well!
Quite good paper. Not easiest but not hardest either.
I predict around 53-54 for an A. :smile:
There are people who found it hard and people who found it is so I don't know probably average grade boundaries!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending