The Student Room Group

AQA A Psychology AS PSYA1 PSYA2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

I think the only part of this exam is bugging is research methods -_-, only for the reason you have to relate it to the actual topic. *Info not going in*
Original post by gloriousgloria
Thanks! :biggrin:

Apparently deviation from social norms, hasn't been a question on that yet. Well a defining question :smile:

Ahh okay! I'm alright with that one :')
Reply 1822
Can someone please tell me how they'd tackle a 12 mark question on social change.
Thank you in advance!
can someone please explain type B behaviour to me just quick bullet points will be a massive help :biggrin: cheers
Revising is so boring help
Reply 1825
Original post by Maria De Montero
can someone please explain type B behaviour to me just quick bullet points will be a massive help :biggrin: cheers

Patient

Relaxed

Easy going

Type B personality is believed to decrease the risk of coronary heart disease because they're less sensitive to stressors.
Original post by Maria De Montero

Not competitive
forgiving
patient
not bothered by waiting, most likely die of cancer
Does anyone know any psychologists and evaluative points on stress in the workplace
Original post by kathspicer
Not competitive
forgiving
patient

wat? Die of cancer? That's new... Is there research on this?
Can someone please explain the ID, ego and superego in the way it would come up as a question, please.
most likely die of cancer

That's type C brah.
Original post by gloriousgloria
wat? Die of cancer? That's new... Is there research on this?

*rather than coronary heart disease
and its written in one of my revision guides but it doesn't have any research on it I don't think
Does anyone know any psychologists and evaluative points on stress in the workplace

Lazarus argued that research into workplace stress misses the point of individual differences for e.g. job ambiguity and work over load may be perceived as stressful by one person and not another :smile: Also, the changing environment in the workplace such as virtual offices and working from home mean that the current knowledge on workplace stress is out of date :smile:
Reply 1833
Original post by AmbarA
Can someone please tell me how they'd tackle a 12 mark question on social change.
Thank you in advance!

ummmm.... my teachers said that if it was to come up it would be on how minority influence research has contributed to our understanding of social change. for which you would use moscovici, nemeth and maybe mackie
*rather than coronary heart disease
and its written in one of my revision guides but it doesn't have any research on it I don't think

Type C (not on the specification) is prone to stress however does not to be want to seen that way because doesn't want to be a bother, so bottles up all the stress inside and is prone to cancer.
Type B is ACTUALLY relaxed, patient and easy-going rather than appearing to be that way.
Original post by hafzaaa
I reckon it will be something on stress for sure, although I hope and pray something on abnormality comes up.

*fingers crossed*

Cognitive approach - never appeared, not even as a "describe key features".
I think that a 12 mark question on Milgram's obedience to authority may come up. It has came up before I think. Would be a great question.
Original post by serish
ummmm.... my teachers said that if it was to come up it would be on how minority influence research has contributed to our understanding of social change. for which you would use moscovici, nemeth and maybe mackie

Who the **** are nemeth and mackie? I was taught to do the 4 conditions required for social change, the Suffragettes and Kruglanski.
Does anyone know what we'd do for 'outline and evaluate explanations for obedience' I know for legitimate authority we'd talk about bickman and obviously milgram and how milgram raised the volts by 15 each time for gradual commitment but I dunno I don't feel as though I'd have enough to write like what evaluative points do we write?!
Original post by AmbarA

Patient

Relaxed

Easy going

Type B personality is believed to decrease the risk of coronary heart disease because they're less sensitive to stressors.

Not competitive
forgiving
patient

massive help thankyouu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending