The Student Room Group

Sunbeds - confused!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lazydays
How much are you all paying to go on sunbeds? I've never been before either, but want to get rid of the bottle white look and my local place has 4 mins for £1 on monday mornings....just wondered what I can expect to pay normally? x

I pay £4.80 for 12 minutes. At my place all the sunbeams are '0.3 compliant' and they claim that they will not burn you. Places do differ as some sun bed shops you can get a tan from 6 minutes. My shop recommends:
LIGHT - 9 minutes
MEDIUM - 12 minutes
DARK - 15 minutes
ADVANCED - 18 minutes
Reply 41
way to bring up a 10 year old thread
Original post by cBay
way to bring up a 10 year old thread

2006 I didn't even notice that hahaha
Hi all I have never used a sunbed but want to try it before my holiday this year. Thank you for all the advise and I would just like to know what moisturiser is the best to use afterwards. Thank you.
Reply 44
Original post by Jrpiercy78
Hi all I have never used a sunbed but want to try it before my holiday this year. Thank you for all the advise and I would just like to know what moisturiser is the best to use afterwards. Thank you.

Hi, any moisturiser at all will do :smile:
Original post by twiga
I want to start going on sunbeds but I'ma bit confised about a couple of things:

1. What do you wear when you're actually on the sunbed?

2. Do you have to put suncream on before you go?

I know they're really dumb questions but I really would appreciate some answers! Thanks xxx

wear a swimming costume and put some of sun screen.
Ha ha ha ,, my thoughts exactly,,Admittedly the tanning has aged my skin but as I’m 60 and using Botox and Derma fillers I don’t think it’s a problem 👌

Quick Reply

Latest