The Student Room Group

Online friend has her photos on google. Is she fake?

I was on skout to make new friends and perhaps a relationship.

Started talking to this girl, we got on very well and she seemed into me. Her English isn't too great but I didn't mind. After 2 days of talking( I know I know) we decided to meet up because we lived fairly close...however she didn't turn up.

She made an apology and said she was late coming home from work due to a spot check at her nursing home which was a surprise spot check.

I got a bit suspicious but nonetheless agreed to see her tomorrow. However just minutes ago, I decided to see if her photos were real or not. I uploaded one of her photos onto a site called tineye and all her photos on her skout profile were on google images plus another website.

Really annoyed but should have seen it coming, as if a girl would be that interesting to meet up with me.

However before we met up, we spoke on Skype(without cam) and her English wasn't too good too. I was convinced she was real...I don't know what to think, I don't I'll meet up 2moro.
She hasn't replied to my message I sent 10mins ago and she normally replies quick.

She's fake right?
The girl in the pink top: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=emo+scene+girl+hairstyles&client=safari&hl=en-gb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KJmWUcK-Feq34ASDmoGYCw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=444
Reply 1
She gave me her sister Facebook because she uses her sisters Facebook. She only had 2 friends, including me.
Reply 2
Sounds like something right out of Catfish.
Reply 3
About 99.9 recurring % sure she's fake, sorry. Her pictures are on Google and she backed out of a meet up.

Do you do this?
1) right click on the picture
2) select "copy image location"
3) paste into Google
4) should say "cannot find the document, search by image?" And click the hyperlink
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I was on skout to make new friends and perhaps a relationship.

Started talking to this girl, we got on very well and she seemed into me. Her English isn't too great but I didn't mind. After 2 days of talking( I know I know) we decided to meet up because we lived fairly close...however she didn't turn up.

She made an apology and said she was late coming home from work due to a spot check at her nursing home which was a surprise spot check.

I got a bit suspicious but nonetheless agreed to see her tomorrow. However just minutes ago, I decided to see if her photos were real or not. I uploaded one of her photos onto a site called tineye and all her photos on her skout profile were on google images plus another website.

Really annoyed but should have seen it coming, as if a girl would be that interesting to meet up with me.

However before we met up, we spoke on Skype(without cam) and her English wasn't too good too. I was convinced she was real...I don't know what to think, I don't I'll meet up 2moro.
She hasn't replied to my message I sent 10mins ago and she normally replies quick.

She's fake right?
The girl in the pink top: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=emo+scene+girl+hairstyles&client=safari&hl=en-gb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=KJmWUcK-Feq34ASDmoGYCw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=320&bih=444

It's defo fake, the image links to some next website not her social networking. Run before a man catches you
Reply 5
Try searching here - http://www.tineye.com/
Reply 6
Original post by AstroMan
About 99.9 recurring % sure she's fake, sorry. Her pictures are on Google and she backed out of a meet up.

Do you do this?
1) right click on the picture
2) select "copy image location"
3) paste into Google
4) should say "cannot find the document, search by image?" And click the hyperlink

No I just uploaded her pic onto a website which scans for the pics to see if it's been uploaded anywhere online.
Damn.
Reply 7
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Try searching here - http://www.tineye.com/

I already did if you read the OP...
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I already did if you read the OP...

Oh ok, yeah, she's fake. Unless she does hair style modelling or whatever that site was.
100% Fake.
Reply 10
Original post by Al-Mudaari
Oh ok, yeah, she's fake. Unless she does hair style modelling or whatever that site was.

Very much doubt that as she hasn't said nothing about modelling lol
Reply 11
I had this problem once and actually ended up meeting a real girl who'd had her pictures scattered online everywhere

true story

but yeah you'll probably get taken into a van and harvested for your organs if you meet her.
Reply 12
Original post by JordanR
I had this problem once and actually ended up meeting a real girl who'd had her pictures scattered online everywhere

true story

but yeah you'll probably get taken into a van and harvested for your organs if you meet her.

:sigh:

I always speak to the fake profiles!
I'm too naive :frown:
Reply 13
Sounds fake to me!
Reply 14
Yeah did more research and she is definitely fake. Removed her as a friend on fb and skout, reported her but nothing will probably be done.!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending