The Student Room Group

Is zera models a scam ??

A link popped up , and I saw it was about modelling , I’ve never done modelling but always been interested , few days later I got a phone call , the lady on the phone rung and was saying how she is interested in me and are in need of two models (bare in mind the photo I sent them was unprofessional , and was a unfiltered selfie) , she then asked to speak to my dad , who I wasn’t with , so she told me to ring her back when I’m with him , then I got a text with her name number and their website ,
Does anyone know if this is a scam ??!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
A link popped up , and I saw it was about modelling , I’ve never done modelling but always been interested , few days later I got a phone call , the lady on the phone rung and was saying how she is interested in me and are in need of two models (bare in mind the photo I sent them was unprofessional , and was a unfiltered selfie) , she then asked to speak to my dad , who I wasn’t with , so she told me to ring her back when I’m with him , then I got a text with her name number and their website ,

Definitely sounds dodgy-I wouldn't take it further
Original post by Anonymous

Does it sound too good to be true?
Are the promising you will get jobs?
Are they asking for money for a photo shoot?
Are they asking for money at all for that matter?
If yes, it’s almost definitely a scam!
I had a whole phone interview with them and I just don’t know
They do the deposit through PayPal, which covers you generally with scams, and they did an interview that lasted like over twenty minutes as well as giving me some time to read over the application and then Called back. Like is this how far they’re going now or what
A link popped up on my email ad, so I was curious and I filled out the application form, so today I have anonymous caller from London And I didn’t answer it. So they send a voicemail and call me back, afterwards when I pick up the phone call, she ask my dress sizes, my height and I had an interview for about 20 minutes, she sounds professional, and she said that she got impressed with my application, so after we talked she sent me an email, saying that you don’t need to pay the photo shots only need to deposit £50 for booking and they will refund your deposit when you get in their studio, anyone can tell me if this is real or scam. Thank you
We went with out Daughter what they didn’t tell was you have to pay for the portfolio and management of your website with your photos etc we paid out £1500 got the photos on the day which we now own legally. I have called the modelling agency and messaged them and not heard back yet??I hope they are not a scam it’s not about money but my daughters confidence
I'm just wondering if you have heard anything off them as i did this yesterday. its made me a bit nervous hearing about scams
I have done the same and I have some doubts. AT The same time I felt like they were really legit and trustworthy. The studio was great and they had loads of profesional equipment, the team were all great and helpful. The photos and the photographer were great, directed me and felt good. The assessor was super friendly, we talked for hours, she gave me lots of advice and everything she was saying felt genuine. If they’re a scam they’re excellent liars. But even if it’s a scam at least you get the pictures and you can use them to apply to agencies. I don’t know about you but I really liked my pictures so whatever it is, at least I got something out of it. Even though they’re quite expensive. The question is Do they really link my with legit agencies so I can find work or not?
Reply 9
Zera models is a scam do not pay any money to them. They make theyre own good reviews online
I am a victim to theirscam since a few days ago. I was very suspicious at first however “Jonathan” sounded very professional and i ended up paying a £100 deposit which i thought i was going to get back. I am only 18 living without my parents, for me this is a ton of money. After this i jumped straight online and did some research. I tried emailing/calling asking for my money back however i did not get any response. Please do not pay these absolute scums any money.
If you have to pay money first, I wouldn't do it. The modelling agencies I know of (since my friend is one) don't require you to pay so I don't get why you would have to pay even as little as £50 deposit first and have it refunded later.
Hi We are thinking about going with our Daughter next week. The same £50 deposit, have you had any communication yet?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Chick a lick
We went with out Daughter what they didn’t tell was you have to pay for the portfolio and management of your website with your photos etc we paid out £1500 got the photos on the day which we now own legally. I have called the modelling agency and messaged them and not heard back yet??I hope they are not a scam it’s not about money but my daughters confidence

Hi we are going ourselves with our Daughter next week. We have paid £50 deposit which has been promised back. Have you had any more communication from Zera?
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
If you have to pay money first, I wouldn't do it. The modelling agencies I know of (since my friend is one) don't require you to pay so I don't get why you would have to pay even as little as £50 deposit first and have it refunded later.

Apparently it is so you turn up for the shoot? and don`t waste there time
No truly reputable company will ever ask for a deposit or any other kind of payment. Although, considering the time they have put into you so far, it sounds like £50 wouldn't really be worth the effort if it was a scam, so I'm not sure.

I think you would be better going for one of the bigger agencies. Select are good, but it's competitive.
I honestly don’t think they’re a scam well hoping not, I went to the shoot, did the whole thing stayed with the director for hours, (the girls that were fighting for the spot were scared cause “apparently no one stayed with him that long” but I was just in shock after seen my photos without being touched! Even cried 😅 75 out of 200
Original post by Snoozinghamster
Does it sound too good to be true?
Are the promising you will get jobs?
Are they asking for money for a photo shoot?
Are they asking for money at all for that matter?
If yes, it’s almost definitely a scam!

1st)- every modelling career sounds promising 😉 is an easy job if you were born for it, or have what it takes for it, by any meanings i’m judging or talking down on anybody. Why would it not sound promising when all the clothes you take photos with you get to keep plus you get paid on top, with everything else included like your travel hotel everything included so yes it is very promising job.

2nd- well I think my first one should answer the second one also, but for what I see they don’t make fake promises they tell you straight after your shooting if you are successful or not.

3rd- if you are selected by an agency then no you don’t have to pay for the shoot , but if you contact the company itself I think you have to pay for the shoot yes around £500 something 🤔.

4th- Last but not least yes they do ask for money but then again how would they actually make a profit if they didn’t sell something? they’re giving you a full photo shoot for free not knowing if you’re going to pass or not they’re giving you the benefit of the doubt and If they see potential on you obviously they going to try and sell, the product which is going to benefit you more then it would actually benefit them in the long run because you will be getting business card you’ll getting and a lot more that I don’t think i’m allowed to actually disclose what they actually offer .

5th- (in your opinion it’s a scam)! I don’t think people should judge just like that have you been there? have you experienced? have you seen the team? Or even being at the studio? I don’t know I’m just giving my honest opinion I don’t think they are scam they have shown that they are genuine company 😅
I honestly don’t think they’re a scam well hoping not, I went to the shoot, did the whole thing stayed with the director for hours, (the girls that were fighting for the spot were scared cause “apparently no one stayed with him that long” but I was just in shock after seen my photos without being touched! Even cried 😅 75 out of 200
Original post by Princess_0693
1st)- every modelling career sounds promising 😉 is an easy job if you were born for it, or have what it takes for it, by any meanings i’m judging or talking down on anybody. Why would it not sound promising when all the clothes you take photos with you get to keep plus you get paid on top, with everything else included like your travel hotel everything included so yes it is very promising job.

2nd- well I think my first one should answer the second one also, but for what I see they don’t make fake promises they tell you straight after your shooting if you are successful or not.

3rd- if you are selected by an agency then no you don’t have to pay for the shoot , but if you contact the company itself I think you have to pay for the shoot yes around £500 something 🤔.

4th- Last but not least yes they do ask for money but then again how would they actually make a profit if they didn’t sell something? they’re giving you a full photo shoot for free not knowing if you’re going to pass or not they’re giving you the benefit of the doubt and If they see potential on you obviously they going to try and sell, the product which is going to benefit you more then it would actually benefit them in the long run because you will be getting business card you’ll getting and a lot more that I don’t think i’m allowed to actually disclose what they actually offer .

5th- (in your opinion it’s a scam)! I don’t think people should judge just like that have you been there? have you experienced? have you seen the team? Or even being at the studio? I don’t know I’m just giving my honest opinion I don’t think they are scam they have shown that they are genuine company 😅

Well I’m going by the reliable info source of common sense and I’d guess I can’t be too wrong considering the above replies.

I do find it interesting that you seem to be so defensive of this company on a new account and these are your only posts. And you are only targeting the sensible post from two months ago and ignoring the more recent posts of people saying it’s a scam...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending