Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath official representative

Scroll to see replies

Reply 460
Hi there,
I got an offer for MMaths from Bath.
Is it possible for me to change it to Maths and Economics in September?
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by wkit11
Hi there,
I got an offer for MMaths from Bath.
Is it possible for me to change it to Maths and Economics in September?

Hi,

Being able to transfer courses will depend on whether you meet the requirements for the second course and if there are any spaces left. I would suggest emailing [email protected] as they should be able to discuss your situation in detail.

Thanks

Claire :smile:
Could I get some advice on which accommodation to choose? It's only Brendon Court, Westwood, and Eastwood left now. I'd rather go for self catered, but which between Eastwood and Westwood would you choose, and why?

Thanks!
Original post by Rolivers
Could I get some advice on which accommodation to choose? It's only Brendon Court, Westwood, and Eastwood left now. I'd rather go for self catered, but which between Eastwood and Westwood would you choose, and why?

Thanks!

Hi Rolivers,

I think it completely depends on your personal choice. In Eastwood the accommodation is made up of large houses, so you will be sharing a bathroom with people on your floor, usually around 11-13 students, but in most cases socially the whole house mixes together socially. In Eastwood you also have the choice of a shared room or not having a washbasin if you want to save money.

In Westwood, it is made up of flats in different blocks. Here, 16-22 students share 2-3 kitchens and 2-3 bathrooms, so it's likely that there will be a smaller group of you in each. Westwood is a bit more expensive though.

I know people who lived in both and they all loved their accommodation! Westwood tends to be a tiny bit more popular but there really isn't much difference between them!

Feel free to quote me with any other questions.

Sam
How lenient are Bath with entry offers?
I am currently holding an A*AA offer for Psychology with placement, but I fear I may not achieve that. If I achieved AAA would that mean insta-failure for me? Or something like A*AB? My UCAS advisor said AAA should be fine but I'm doubtful, so any insight very much appreciated.
Original post by Seezman
How lenient are Bath with entry offers?
I am currently holding an A*AA offer for Psychology with placement, but I fear I may not achieve that. If I achieved AAA would that mean insta-failure for me? Or something like A*AB? My UCAS advisor said AAA should be fine but I'm doubtful, so any insight very much appreciated.

Hi,

This is something that a lot of applicants ask about in the run up to results day and the confirmation period.

The short answer is that we will try to accommodate 'near miss' offer holders where possible, but our ability to do so will depend on the number of places available on a given course once all offer holders who met or exceeded their offer have has their place confirmed.

You can find further info on this within our webpages:

http://www.bath.ac.uk/ug-applicants/applying/questions-about-results/index.html

I hope that this information is useful.

Thanks,

Steve
If I wanted to switch from chemistry to Chemical Engineering MSc when I get to Bath, can I do this? Do I have to achieve the required grades in my A-Level Exams this summer or is it simply a case of changing course? How about my DSA allowance and student finance which would be for my Chemistry degree? If anyone can advise me about this I'd really appreciate it.

Henry
I've applied for both Polden court and the quads and would like to know which has the larger rooms and how people have found living in catered accommodation? If someone could let me know as these are my first 2 choices and would like to know how the sizes compare since the pictures on the website don't give much away! Thank you, Henry :smile:
Original post by HennersPD
If I wanted to switch from chemistry to Chemical Engineering MSc when I get to Bath, can I do this? Do I have to achieve the required grades in my A-Level Exams this summer or is it simply a case of changing course? How about my DSA allowance and student finance which would be for my Chemistry degree? If anyone can advise me about this I'd really appreciate it.

Henry

Hi,

Thanks for your question.

It may be possible to transfer onto a different degree programme once you arrive, but you would still need to meet the entry requirements for the programme you wish to transfer onto (entry requirements for our MEng in Chemical Engineering can be found here).

If you have already decided that you would like to switch programmes I would recommend emailing Admissions to see if this is possible.

If you do decide to switch course you would need to let the relevant student funding bodies know, but it shouldn't have any implications on your eligibility for funding.

Thanks,

Steve
If you are interested in studying at Bath the first of our two 2015 Open Days is taking place on 18 June.

Individual talks on the day require pre-booking and some of the the most popular talks are already fully booked.

To register for the day and to sign up for talks and tours please visit our Open Day webpages.

If you cannot attend on 18 June our final 2015 Open Day will take place on 12 September.

Feel free to ask any questions on this thread.

Steve
Reply 470
Hi,
I am an international student and I have been offered MEng Mechanical(conditional) at Bath. I understand that we need to have the ATAS certificate before we apply for Tier 4 visa after we meet the requirements of the conditional offer. In order to apply for ATAS, Bath Uni has to provide me with JACS code and few other details. But unfortunately, i am not receiving any info from the uni even after emailing the admissions twice. My insurance offer university has given me all details a month back. I am afraid I will run out of time as it takes 4-5 weeks to get the certification.
Can you advise me whom to contact for this? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Original post by khor
Hi,
I am an international student and I have been offered MEng Mechanical(conditional) at Bath. I understand that we need to have the ATAS certificate before we apply for Tier 4 visa after we meet the requirements of the conditional offer. In order to apply for ATAS, Bath Uni has to provide me with JACS code and few other details. But unfortunately, i am not receiving any info from the uni even after emailing the admissions twice. My insurance offer university has given me all details a month back. I am afraid I will run out of time as it takes 4-5 weeks to get the certification.
Can you advise me whom to contact for this? Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your questions.

We should contact you shortly after you accept your offer- there is sometimes a short delay caused by the number of applicants going Firm at this time of year, but we will send all details in good time for you to apply for your ATAS and Visa.

If you have sent a query to admissions ([email protected]) then you should receive a reply within 3-4 working days.

Further details can be found here.

Thank you for your patience, and do let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Steve
Does anyone know how much emphasis is put on the 3rd subject? I'm doing maths, further maths and physics. I think I'm going to get A*A*C. The offer is A*AA. Will the C mean a definite no or will the 2A*s make up for the C? I'm so worried and really want to go to bath
Original post by Rhyssmith
Does anyone know how much emphasis is put on the 3rd subject? I'm doing maths, further maths and physics. I think I'm going to get A*A*C. The offer is A*AA. Will the C mean a definite no or will the 2A*s make up for the C? I'm so worried and really want to go to bath

Hi,

There is information on what happens if you miss the conditions of your offer within our Study site.

We will try to admit students who narrowly miss the conditions of their offer, but this will be dependent on how many spaces are available once all students who have met their offers have been admitted.

Regards,

Steve
Hi!
I have put bath as my insurance choice, but it is fairly likely I will miss the grades for my firm choice!

What is the process for applying for accommodation as insurance? Is there a number I have to call or a website I have to visit on results day?

Thanks for any help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fred Cantoni
Hi!
I have put bath as my insurance choice, but it is fairly likely I will miss the grades for my firm choice!

What is the process for applying for accommodation as insurance? Is there a number I have to call or a website I have to visit on results day?

Thanks for any help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Fred,

If you are not accepted by your firm choice then you will be able to apply for a accommodation waiting list at Bath once your offer here is confirmed (likely on results day).

Information on how to apply for the waiting list will be published on our Accommodation webpages.

Good luck with your results.

Steve
Reply 476
Hi,
I am currently holding an offer for imml with German. I got the results I needed from my conditional and uploaded them to my account over a week ago. My offer still hasn't changed from conditional to unconditional. Should I be worried or is it normal for it to take a while?
Original post by bom95
Hi,
I am currently holding an offer for imml with German. I got the results I needed from my conditional and uploaded them to my account over a week ago. My offer still hasn't changed from conditional to unconditional. Should I be worried or is it normal for it to take a while?

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

I am not sure why there has been a delay but I am sure this is nothing to worry about.

I suggest emailing [email protected] to let Admissions know that you have sent your results and to ask when your place will be confirmed (don't forget to include your UCAS ID number).

Thanks,

Steve
Reply 478
Hello,

I've sent in a PhD application to the University of Bath in February 2015 and still have had absolutely no update regarding my application. I've emailed the admissions twice and it's been months now but I've had no response! The message I received while submitting the application stating its being considered is still displayed on my application tracker with nothing new at all in the last five months! When would I have an update/decision on my application?

Thanks!

JJ
Hi,

I've been thinking of applying for the course Accounting and finance. Questions:

1) how many students are they in a tutorial?

2) how many students are they in a lecture?

3) how many lecture(s) and tutorial(s) are they in a week? Would be great if I can know the average hours need to be clocked in per week as well

Thanks,
Safirah

Quick Reply

Latest