The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Bsc International management- Warwick or Bath?

I am in a really split decision between firming Warwick or Bath to study international management.
I went to offer-holder days and it's safe to say that unis are very similar in the opportunities they offer (eg. placements and years abroad) but I liked the location, the campus and accomodation more at bath and also got to meet lots of new potential students because they split students and parents, which I wish they had done at Warwick.
However, I understand that Warwick is more world- renowned and could potentially lead me to more success in the long term- I even had a management professor at Bath tell me that he wished he could say something bad about Warwick but couldn't.
Would it be silly to choose Bath over Warwick to study business?
Go to Bath. You’ll be applying for the same jobs anyway.. Research has just shown that the degree is more important than the Uni. So get a First from Bath rather than a 2:1 at Warwick.

Who is really going to differentiate between two top uni’s? Not like you’re choosing from Warwick and a backwater college.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Anonymous
Go to Bath. You’ll be applying for the same jobs anyway.. Research has just shown that the degree is more important than the Uni. So get a First from Bath rather than a 2:1 at Warwick.

Who is really going to differentiate between two top uni’s? Not like you’re choosing from Warwick and a backwater college

Would be interested to see the research

Have personally found employers care a lot more about uni than degree. Imo, often see certain degrees more represented in certain sectors because of the personality/ aims of someone who would choose the degree, rather than the degree itself.

Warwick probably ahead of Bath for Management Consulting/ IB but if you don't care about them very little in it
Would be interested to see the research

Have personally found employers care a lot more about uni than degree. Imo, often see certain degrees more represented in certain sectors because of the personality/ aims of someone who would choose the degree, rather than the degree itself.

Warwick probably ahead of Bath for Management Consulting/ IB but if you don't care about them very little in it

Institute of Fiscal Studies report.
https://www.theguardian.com/education/2022/apr/20/degree-grade-matters-more-than-university-reputation-report-finds

Interesting to see. Not sure how this indicates grade is more important tbh as seem to be an aggregate of all universities. I.e. may be the case that a 2:1 from say Oxford earns 15% more on average than 2:1 from Bath but isn't mentioned.

Also worth mentioning that getting a 2:1 / first isn't particularly difficult:

https://www.officeforstudents.org.uk/media/55b365fd-2d77-46c0-a8ad-45304047a0be/analysis-of-degree-outcomes-over-time-2020.pdf,
https://www.statista.com/statistics/676995/university-degree-awards-uk/

Back to topic of thread, don't think will make a lot of difference in long run
Reply 5
Hi

Which did you choose in the end? I have the same choice this year!!! Really struggling to decide.

(Original post by Anonymous)I am in a really split decision between firming Warwick or Bath to study international management.
I went to offer-holder days and it's safe to say that unis are very similar in the opportunities they offer (eg. placements and years abroad) but I liked the location, the campus and accomodation more at bath and also got to meet lots of new potential students because they split students and parents, which I wish they had done at Warwick.
However, I understand that Warwick is more world- renowned and could potentially lead me to more success in the long term- I even had a management professor at Bath tell me that he wished he could say something bad about Warwick but couldn't.
Hi

Which did you choose in the end? I have the same choice this year!!! Really struggling to decide.

(Original post by Anonymous)I am in a really split decision between firming Warwick or Bath to study international management.

Hey, I ended up choosing Warwick, and feel like it was worth it in the end in terms of opportunities especially if you are looking into applying for spring weeks/summer internships. Many of my friends who did springs and having done a summer internship the majority would always be Oxford, LSE, imperial and Warwick students so networking wise its defo worth it

Quick Reply

Latest