The Student Room Group

A levels. Geo or Eco

I have already chosen history, sociology and media studies for my a level choices and haven't yet made up my mind about the final a level, geography or economics.. Which one is harder and which one is regarded 'better'. Thanks
Reply 1
Well I think you have to consider a series of factors because they are both good subjects:
1) Will you get good teachers for both of them
2) which would you enjoy more
3) which do you think you would do better in
4) which is suited more to what job you want to do in the future

I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
agree with the above ^^^
do what you'll enjoy :smile:
I personally would have chosen eco, as Geo had too many case studies and it was more rote learning for me.
Reply 3
Both are equally respected. Both are social sciences. Both involve essay writing. I would say take Geography if you are more interested in the physical aspects of the world and environment while Economics if you are more interested in the finanacial/political side.
Reply 4
I've taken both. I would say geography was harder overall, a lot of learning involved.

Both are good interesting subjects.

You should chose on what interests you more. There is a lot of sociology related content in geography as well as the physical stuff like earthquakes.
Reply 5
I did economics, this is a good A level and a very good degree of you do it at uni. It really depends on what your interested in. Economics is about unemployment, inflation, recession, global economy etc. The AS exam isn't that hard it has 25 multiple choice questions (aqa) and the exams out of 75.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest