The Student Room Group

Is this good A level combination for me...

I'm planning to go to UK sixth form college. I want to major in accounting and finance. Do you think doing Math, Business and Geo are good combination related to my field?
At Lancaster University, the Accounting and Finance major requires ABB, with no specific A Levels. So Math, Business and Geo are a good combination related to your field.
Reply 2
Original post by tryingtobebetter
I'm planning to go to UK sixth form college. I want to major in accounting and finance. Do you think doing Math, Business and Geo are good combination related to my field?

Yes, they sound like a strong combination of A-Levels! If you're interested in them, if your Sixth Form or College offers them and if you think you will do well in them, then I would suggest also looking into subjects like A-Level Accounting, A-Level Economics or A-Level Further Maths if you feel as if you would enjoy these more and therefore get a better grade in them, although I would only change to these subjects if you feel you'd enjoy them more and perform better in them as your current choices are strong. When applying for Accounting and Finance at university, some do not ask for any specific A-Levels whilst others do, with the main ones being asked for usually being some variation of A-Level Maths, A-Level Business Studies or other related subjects but I would check the entry requirements for Accounting and Finance at undergraduate at any universities you are looking at applying to. Other than that, your current A-Level choices look very strong and if you think you will enjoy them, then I see no reason you couldn't take these A-Levels, although I would still check a variety of university's websites for their exact entry requirements.

Best of luck!

𝙎𝙤𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙡 𝙀𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙈𝙤𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙏𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩

Quick Reply

Latest