The Student Room Group

What A levels to choose

I've decided to do maths and further. I have bio, chem, english,geo, german,philospy, politics, dt and sociology. I'm really bad at physics, german, geo and don't want an essay based subject or one that relies on memorisation like bio. What oother two subjects should I choose for A-level and I'll preferable drop 1 at AS. I'm thinking about software engineering but haven't eally decided.
Original post by french is cool
I've decided to do maths and further. I have bio, chem, english,geo, german,philospy, politics, dt and sociology. I'm really bad at physics, german, geo and don't want an essay based subject or one that relies on memorisation like bio. What oother two subjects should I choose for A-level and I'll preferable drop 1 at AS. I'm thinking about software engineering but haven't eally decided.

Chem is a good choice (not a lot of memorization, more understanding). I know you think bio is a lot of memorization (it is during GCSE) but when it comes to A level everything just makes sense, especially if you have chemistry. I did math and these 2 subjects (+ a language, dropped at AS) and revised them all with ease as they all complemented one another.

If you want to do software engineering then id loo at the course on unis websites to see what subjects they specify.
Maybe chemistry. Possibly computer science?

if your going to do software engineering or smt in that industry, then surely computer science is a good option? Business/economics could be an option. Check what sort of skills are needed to be a software engeineer or other related degrees and see what happens

Quick Reply

Latest