The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MathsNerd1
70/75, thanks Arsey!!!! :biggrin:

Well done mate you deserve it happy for you ! :smile:)))
Reply 41
Arsey, for 5c, I left the numerator as -(3x-2) as oppose to 2-3x. Do you think I'll lose a mark for this? Thank you
Reply 42
Anyone got any rough grade boundary predictions? Remember this is Edexcel, despite this being a really tough paper, edxcel being edexcel might not even alter grade boundaries that much :|HATE EDEXCEL!!!!!
Reply 43
would stating 21/25 and -(21/25) anywhere for 8b give the 1 mark?
Reply 44
Thank you for these! Thought I recognised them...

The general consensus of the people after the exam was that the paper was 'an absolute bloodbath'. Will just have to crack on with Core 4!
Original post by Arsey
:wink:

Yeah I noticed a while ago and made that point in my paper analysis.

What did you think of the paper?

I love what you have written :smile:
I did the paper and really enjoyed myself as a teacher doing it but appreciate many students would not like it.
I didnt have the pressure of the uni place or the exam hall but I thought there were 25 easy marks and then a whole host of problems that were 'last question' style ones.
I was going for 53/54 for 80 UMS.
The last question was a good substitute for nytol and the question eventually asked (or questions) were ok if the fluff was removed.
The functions one was a nice question to do as an extension task in school but not as what originally looked like a bobbins gimme question!

I liken it to the M1 January 2009 paper.
"One students won't want as a past paper to do in future years" :smile:

Thanks once again for the post!
51 marks. I am gutted...:frown:

Thanks for clearing everything up Arsey, you are a legend!
Reply 47
Original post by sick_rose
Hi arsey, why would this mean that c4 is going to be nicer? :s thanks for the upload :smile:

it is often the case; one good, one nice. Usually, C3 good, C4 horrible mind.

C4 could be an absolute beast
Definetely dropped around 20... best case scenerio 54/75.. worst case 46.

Such a shame since I was getting high 60s in practice papers.

Any guesses on what 54/75 will be UMS wise.. I needed 85 for an A.. any hope of this.. or shall I just give up on c4.
Original post by Revisionbug
Well done mate you deserve it happy for you ! :smile:)))

Thanks, it was quite an exam but I just kept my cool and it paid off in the end :biggrin:
Wow this is the worst I've ever done in a maths paper (worser than D1 even)

I was really gutted in January I screwed up and was left with a low B.... but today I feel ever so grateful.

But will have to get really high in C4 now :frown:
Reply 51
Original post by Wick3d
51 marks. I am gutted...:frown:

Thanks for clearing everything up Arsey, you are a legend!

51 could be an A. Just wait and see.
Whoa can't believe I actually got the very last question right!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathletic
Marry me!!! I KNEW someone would do this meme haha

:biggrin:
Reply 54
How the hell was i meant to know cos50 = sin40 :|
Aiming for an A*, realised I got around 50 although can't remember what i got on a couple, fml. C4, FP2, please don't let me down.
Reply 56
This paper was hard but I'm disappointed with all the crying about Edexcel not doing their job properly...The fact that it was unfamiliar made it so that people cant just remember mark schemes..
Reply 57
Original post by Titus20
Arsey, for 5c, I left the numerator as -(3x-2) as oppose to 2-3x. Do you think I'll lose a mark for this? Thank you

Anybody else know?
Original post by Arsey
51 could be an A. Just wait and see.

I hope so! :biggrin:
Reply 59
Did better than I thought as probably most people might find. Thoroughly honestly, I lost 12 marks. Would anything rising above the 60+ surface warrant an A* anybody, or do you think less?

Latest

Trending

Trending