The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Could the answer to the final question possibly be x= -1.25 and y= 3.25 ?
(edited 10 years ago)
For the bank question i worked out 2000(1.04) and 2000(1.01) and then added them together (for the international bank and then the same w/ different values for the friendly bank) is this correct?
Reply 182
according to this I got 92 on calc and 81 on non calc, sums up to 173, I just hope its an A*
Original post by TotalerReinfall
I got £6000 for the scatter graph estimation one - is this close enough to get the marks or were they looking for £6200 specifically?

On scatter graph questions there are always a range of acceptable answers.
Reply 184
for the final question i did everything right, i made y the subject of the formula then plugged it in to the first equation, then made it equal zero, then i did the quadratic formula , i did everything completely right but i made an error on one of the numbers when i plugged it into the calculator which left me with different final values than i should of got (could't believe it when i got home - i was furious). Will i still get 4/6 of the marks? , PLEASE ANSWER, cheers
Reply 185
94% hopefully. hope everyone else gets the grade they wanted!
Original post by tohaaaa
Hi, what was the trial and improvement question?

Was it x^3 + 2x = 100?

110 not 100.
Reply 187
Original post by Mr M
It can vary depending on the position of your line of best fit.

Mr M, I have a couple of questions. Firstly, What was the first question to do with surface area with the answer 40.5?
Secondly, For the answer with upper and lower bounds i put my answers to three decimal places with the longer answers written out in the working, will I get full marks?
Thirdly, for the inverse proportion question, what was the question and how do you do it?
Thank you so much for your time.
Reply 188
Can anyone please remind me what question 12a and b were asking?
Original post by wear
if i put the correct answers but used trial and error on the last question, could i still get full marks

i.e. i put 2.87/-0.87 and vice versa, but no simultaneous equations working out, could i still get 6 marks? cheers

I've answered this already. Yes that will be ok.
Reply 190
Mr M u know for question 9, I did angles in a triangle add up to 180 and then I got the 55 but then I used angles on a straight line to work out the angle like 125. I then used allied angles to work out the required 55. Long winded I know , but would I get the marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think I got 163/200 do you think I can get an A*? Predicting the grade boundaries? 😩😢

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 192
Hi mr m do you have the link to the paper with the solutions on them by any chance
13(b) I put -9/5 would I get the marks for that?
what do you reckon will be will be the grade boundaries for an A?

Were these papers harder than last year?
Original post by victoria98
For the last question would I get any marks for this? This is how my teacher taught me... But I'm really confused now!

x^2 + y^2 = 9 .....(1)
x + y = 2 .....(2)

From (2) we get
y = 2 - x
Substitute this value for y into equation (1) to get...
x^2 + (2 - x)^2 = 9
x^2 + 4 + 4x + x^2 = 9 [ multiply out the bracket]
2x^2 + 4x - 5 = 0 [ gather terms on the left hand side]

This is a quadratic and it factorises to give
(2x + 1)(x - 5) = 0
Either
2x + 1 = 0
x = - 1/2 = - 0.5
or
x - 5 = 0
x = 5

- 0.5 + y = 2
y = 2.5

5 + y = 2
y = - 3

x = - 0.5, y = 2.5
x = 5, y = -3

I believe it was -4x, when you expand (2-x)^2 , Although your method looks right.
Reply 196
Can I ask a question to people getting 150-200 what year are you currently in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Mr M what was question 16,21 and 24 ?
Reply 198
How many marks dropped for leaving Q23 as 3.1 and 3.2.. :/, difference between 97 marks ish and 98 for me :smile:
Original post by Dylann
Mr M I recommend you change the £6200 to "between £6000 - £6300" everyone keeps asking if £6200 is the only answer.

ok

Latest

Trending

Trending