The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sorry for the late reply 😁. I'm not too sure mate, I would say you may get some method marks although, I can not say for sure. Best thing to do now is just relax you've done everything you could've! Don't worry about it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1981
Am I the only one who thinks that the grade boundaries are slightly high? Considering the June 2012 paper was a walk in the park. This paper wasn't that easy, especially the first paper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The boundaries I would say are average. Yes, the June 2012 paper as a while was easier and the boundaries were low as it was the first paper for the new specification. How do you think you've done? Also, what do you make of the ICT boundary for the CA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know what time you can get your results on Edexcel Results Plus Direct?
Original post by cmorga1
I would be but I have the memory of a goldfish so I can't remember my answers :biggrin:

Will be gutted if I miss out by less than 3 marks :redface:

I wrote all my answers down on tracing paper .... Now I wish I spent that time checking my answers :frown:
Reply 1985
Original post by student.1997
Does anybody know what time you can get your results on Edexcel Results Plus Direct?

I think it's around 6am (uk time).

Good luck!
Reply 1986
Original post by sr234
They are similar:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep!! Might be able to pull of an A with a bit of luck....:smile:
How do you work out how many UMS each mark is worth , e.g. If an exam is out of 60, 47 marks is A*, 42 marks is an A, from the data how do you work out ums/mark conversion rate ?

Thanks
Reply 1988
Original post by things4life
How do you work out how many UMS each mark is worth , e.g. If an exam is out of 60, 47 marks is A*, 42 marks is an A, from the data how do you work out ums/mark conversion rate ?

Thanks

This exam (I think) does not use UMS, you get your raw mark back. Generally though the gap between two grades is equal to 10% of the UMS, so in the example you quote between 47 and 42 raw marks, each raw mark would equal 2 UMS. I think there's an article on the wiki that explains it better.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1989
Still really nervous about tomorrow :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone - let's go get 'em.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JakeWerth
Good luck everyone - let's go get 'em.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You too :smile: Good luck!
Bonne chance everyone!!!!
hey i got a B and my points were 46 - what does this mean?

like how many marks did i get? or what was my overall %?

thanks in advance
Original post by ThePremierLeague
hey i got a B and my points were 46 - what does this mean?

like how many marks did i get? or what was my overall %?

thanks in advance

The points is just how many points you get for achieving a certain grade, it has nothing to do with the mark you scored in the exam. Maths doesn't have UMS points so you'll have to go to your teacher to find out exactly what mark you achieved!
I get an A* in year 10! Really happy!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1996
Original post by jakeyBavfc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ditto! I wonder what mark I got though. :holmes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1997
Original post by jakeyBavfc

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! I got an A* too but I can't seem to find my module results, oh well happy days :biggrin:
I got an A* :smile: Woop, did NOT expect that!
Reply 1999
Original post by tohaaaa
I got an A* :smile: Woop, did NOT expect that!

Well done on getting your A*!!

Do you know if this exam can be taken earlier than June? Is there any options to take it in January or March, or anything like that? I don't want to take it in June, because I have my A-level exams at that time.
Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending