The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Hey Mr M! I was wondering about question 14. I suggested she should invest her money into The Friendly Bank yet I said she would gain £10 more than if she invested into The International Bank, opposed to £9.70. Will I lose marks for this? Thanks again for posting the answers, it really helps us worriers which I appreciate it.
Reply 581
Original post by tanishaevans
will not be this high!! March paper was easier than this and the grade boundaries were lower, it was 136 for an A!

that seems way too high
will not be this high!! March paper was easier than this and the grade boundaries were lower, it was 136 for an A!

Yesterdays calc was way easier then March. Atleast March had that triangle question at the end. But then the non-calc was harder, so maybe the boundaries will be very similar to March's. I dont think they will increase to much, perhaps by a couple marks
Original post by skizzle
For 18 would it be wrong if i wrote p= (square root y-4) /3 ?

Also for 22 I don't really know what I did wrong. I did:
3.4=k/5
and found k to be 17
then x=17/8
and got 2.125

18) drop 1

22) no marks, sorry
Reply 584
Mr M, I'm pretty sure I got the first part right of the last question, but if we used the right method for the second part of it...To find the other two terms, would we still get another mark?
Original post by samu rai 123
For question 2 I said she doesn't have enough mincemeat but I also said she doesn't have enough eggs. Will I lose any marks?

1 mark
Original post by syconiss
for 23. Upper and lower bounds I rounded to 3 significant figures do you guys think that is alright ?

should be fine
Original post by student.1997
For the playground question I split the diagram into two rectangles and a triangle, is this way right?

you can do that
Original post by tewas
how many method marks can you get on the last question if i did all the working correctly but subtracted one of the numbers wrong :frown:

drop 1 or 2 accuracy marks
Reply 589
MR M - Will 2.8/10 be accepted for question 7??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrBowcat
For the Questionnaire question I wrote:

How many CDs do you buy per week?

0| 1-5| more than 5|

Is this ok? Will I lose any marks?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was magazines?
Can someone explain how they worked out the bank question please?
thanks in advance
I think the boundaries will be *drum roll* X2

166 A*
132 A
Original post by Pikki1234
Hi Mr M,
Thank you for putting the answers up.
I was really stupid and for the trial and improvement question thought it was x^3+2x = 100 but it was meant to be 110 instead of 100.
So for x I showed the working up to 4.6 but put the answer as 4.5 as it agreed x^3+2x+100. Would I get any marks for this?
And for the ladder question I did:
cos 75 must equal 2.25/6 so I showed that this doesn't equal and therefore must not be safe. Is this right? If not would I get any marks for it?

drop 1 for trial and improvement

probably full marks for the ladder but you *might* drop 1
Reply 594
Original post by Mr M
full marks for those

Wasnt Q4 about finding an estimate??
I put 130 for it as the answer, with working out, but I also put the working out on how to get to 126.
Original post by fdg
Mr M,
For the inverse proportion question, I rounded it to 3.328. Will I still get the full marks?

yes
Reply 596

I hear what your saying. But over half of my school found this paper really easy. I think some others from other schools may had too. So I reckon the boundaries for an A would be slightly raised to what I wrote
Reply 597
Can we get a paper with solutions on it?
My predictions for the grade boundaries are:

Non-Calculator:
79/100 - A*,
62/100 - A,
49/100 - B,
38/100 - C.

Calculator:
86/100- A*,
69/100 - A,
55/100 - B,
43/100 - C.

Total:
A* - 165/200,
A - 131/200,
B - 105/200,
C - 81/100.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 599
Oh also would i get a mark for 13b, I did the correct working but I forgot the minus sign, I had 1.8 instead of -1.8

For the last question, how many marks do think i would get for substiting the y nut adding the wrong figures in the quadratic equation so getting the wrong answers but the method was correct
Thank for putting up the answer by the way. I can actually enjoy my summer now

Latest

Trending

Trending