The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caplusgm
Anyone know the angle and side lengths in question 24a calculator paper??

Side lengths were 6 and 7 cm
and the angle was 60
Reply 981
Original post by siamaaa
For question No. 22 i gave the answer as a decimal instead of a fraction, will i still get marks?

Yes, you will still get full marks as long as your method is correct and your answer regardless whether it's in decimal or fraction. E.G if the correct answer was 3/10 (random example) and you put 0.3, then you would still be correct and get full marks.
Original post by siamaaa
For question No. 22 i gave the answer as a decimal instead of a fraction, will i still get marks?

yh you probably will
Reply 983
I drew my graph freehand without a ruler - does that matter?
Nick, you seem to be in the mood for answering our questions. Hope not to bother you but in order to find the mid point, you need to add the x axis with the other x axis and then divide by 2, right?
Reply 985
Original post by caplusgm
I drew my graph freehand without a ruler - does that matter?

Cumulative frequency one? As long as it is accurate and clear - i mean if it goes through almost all of the points you plotted and if it is straight then you will still get marks. For the parabola on paper 2, you were supposed to draw it freehand anyway so yeah haha :smile:
Hey guys, I think that I got at least 30 marks out of 100 for both papers, and this is not counting any method marks at all. Since a B grade usually ranges from 80 - 100 out of 200, and since I think the general consensus is that these exams were difficult, the grade boundaries will surely be lower.

What do you guys think the grade boundary for a B will be?

Thanks! (:
for the questionnaire question would you lose marks if you simply said it wasn't a random sample therefore the results will be biased?
Reply 988
95 to 100 will be a B i think
Original post by benclarky
Can I ask a question to people getting 150-200 what year are you currently in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Reply 990
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does anyone have the papers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 991
Original post by Oliver Rani
Nick, you seem to be in the mood for answering our questions. Hope not to bother you but in order to find the mid point, you need to add the x axis with the other x axis and then divide by 2, right?

Yes that would be correct ^^. I just did a slightly different method to yours - for example for x coordinates midpoint between -1 and 7, i written down all the numbers between them and picked the value which is 4 values away from -1 and 4 values away from 7 ( which is 3) and did same for y coordinates. But yes, if you do what you did then you still definitely get it right :smile:
Reply 992
Original post by otherdan
Year 10.
Reply 993
Original post by charlie987
for the questionnaire question would you lose marks if you simply said it wasn't a random sample therefore the results will be biased?

Not sure about that really sorry. But, i THINK you may have earned a mark for still implying the idea that he asked CERTAIN people and that it may be BIAS - but i don't know the mark scheme exactly for this time, but in the worst case scenario i think you might have dropped a mark if the mark scheme is a bit more harsh this time round
Original post by seannn
Can anyone remember the exact values of the triangle for question 24???

Posted from TSR Mobile

6,7 were the lengths. 60 degrees was the enclosed angle.
What do you reckon an A* will be I personally think 163. It was harder than march but not as hard as November. Last year it was 162 or something like that so I'm presuming it is something around there. I think I got 163 marks is that enough for an A*?
Does anyone have a link to the solutions?
Original post by Nick2497
For the parabola on paper 2, you were supposed to draw it freehand anyway so yeah haha :smile:
I used a ruler for that one...

The thing with graphs is that they don't have to be the same as everyone else.
Reply 998
Original post by Chocolatecake123
What do you reckon an A* will be I personally think 163. It was harder than march but not as hard as November. Last year it was 162 or something like that so I'm presuming it is something around there. I think I got 163 marks is that enough for an A*?

I certainly do not know the precise grade boundaries that are going to be presented for these 2 combined papers, but i think it certainly won't go above 85%. On the safe side, if you got 85% and over then you got A* there definitely. 164 marks - 82% is a bit on a risky side as with 163/200... I think that would be on the A/A* grade boundary, you would either be very close to getting an A* or just about getting it. Is there no way you think you might have gotten slightly higher?
Reply 999
Original post by Nick2497
Ah, sorry to say but thats most likely a B. Although that it very close to an A/B boundary. All i can say is, it is most likely a B, but if the grade boundaries reduce quite considerably then you got an A. I think it's around 70-30% chance (70% chance of you getting a B and 30% chance of you getting an A with 130/200) Good luck man, hopefully you get the grade you wanted :smile:

so what do you think an A will be? ahhh I got somewhere between 130-140 I think

Latest

Trending

Trending