The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lol2013
What do you guys think 123\200 will be ?

A Definite B, i can guarantee you if you got that mark you will get a grade B.
Reply 1181
Original post by Nick2497
I just asked one of the Edexcel exam board Representatives and he told me (in private) that the grade boundaries will DEFINITELY be:

197/200 for an A*
196/200 for an A
193/200 for a B
189/200 for a C
Please do not share this information elsewhere, these ARE the REAL grade boundaries.

Brilliant.
Original post by kingaaran
Don't worry, you'll get an A - or maybe a B, if they are really harsh, but I doubt it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whoa an A I was worried I might've not even achieved a C, im going to have a word with him on Monday , lol he even said his predictions weren't harsh and they'll probably be higher.

Anyways thanks im sure you've done well.
Yes i know, i just decided to see who will fall for this concept, since some people are not even aware of that nor do they even know estimate grade boundaries. However, i am a gentleman so i was going to eventually admit that i was a troll so people would not panic too much :smile:

Nice prank, but it wouldn't get past (many of) us. Maybe if you had set the boundaries to about the high 170s for an A*, high 150s for an A, high 120s for a B and high 80s for a C, you might have ignited a little dispute, and not made it too obvious, but unfortunately you chose the wrong numbers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Iamkay
yeah, alright moite:biggrin:

It's True :smile:
When will we get our results ? Our teachers were saying 23rd of June
Original post by things4life
I spoke to the head if maths at my school and he said the boundaries DEFINITELY will be :

189 - A*

144 - A

140 - B

135 - C

Pretty sure they won't be the boundaries a* will be close to that but if 135 was a c then half the year will be resisting

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kingaaran
Nice prank, but it wouldn't get past (many of) us. Maybe if you had set the boundaries to about the high 170s for an A*, high 150s for an A, high 120s for a B and high 80s for a C, you might have ignited a little dispute, and not made it too obvious, but unfortunately you chose the wrong numbers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Was thinking about doing so, but again if you saw my reply i said 'i did not want to frighten people who did not have any idea about grade boundary' and by me choosing such numbers they would know 100% that those numbers are incorrect, but if i chose to say that it was 170s for an A* then they would partially believe me and actually be quite frightened of the grade they might have attained.
Was thinking about doing so, but again if you saw my reply i said 'i did not want to frighten people who did not have any idea about grade boundary' and by me choosing such numbers they would know 100% that those numbers are incorrect, but if i chose to say that it was 170s for an A* then they would partially believe me and actually be quite frightened of the grade they might have attained.

Ah okay! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by things4life
When will we get our results ? Our teachers were saying 23rd of June

If you meant to say '23rd of August' then yes this is correct. If not, then it is not correct.
Reply 1190
Ok, i could understand your estimation for an A* grade regarding the June 2013 paper that we have just done, but an A will NEVER be 113/200 in GCSE, unless the paper that is given to us has questions that are mainly from AS/A level syllabus hehe. I would assume again, that A grade would be around 138/200 to be safe, and at lowest 134/200.

FIGHT ME IRL

I'm just kidding, thanks for correcting me. I was only judging by what our teachers thought an A was.
Reply 1191
Nearly 2000 posts on this discussion, since 12. :eek:
Just to make sure, what method did everyone use for the compound interest question? I multiplyed the money with the percentage increase (think it was 5% so it became 1.05) and the years being the powers with both companies. Then I worked out the percentage to the multiplication and added the answer to the money. Whatever bank offered the higher money was the answer (it was friendly bank for my answer). Is that right? how many marks roughly?
Reply 1193
Original post by Oliver Rani
Just to make sure, what method did everyone use for the compound interest question? I multiplyed the money with the percentage increase (think it was 5% so it became 1.05) and the years being the powers with both companies. Then I worked out the percentage to the multiplication and added the answer to the money. Whatever bank offered the higher money was the answer (it was friendly bank for my answer). Is that right? how many marks roughly?

You just multiplied the money by 1.05 then by 1.005. And multiply the money by 1.04 then 1.01

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zobkk
FIGHT ME IRL

I'm just kidding, thanks for correcting me. I was only judging by what our teachers thought an A was.
xD It is very peculiar how some of the teachers have absolutely no idea what the grade boundaries even look like for any of the academic years lol. My teacher said it would be 85% but then he knows his stuff to a certain extent. Personally, i think its slightly lower (82-84%) and yeah for an A like 134/200 or so.
Original post by Lyndonx
You just multiplied the money by 1.05 then by 1.005. And multiply the money by 1.04 then 1.01

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same here :smile:
will 1201 be enough for an a? if not what will a b be?
Original post by baldeep nijjar
will 1201 be enough for an a? if not what will a b be?

121/200 will definitely be a B and not A. You will get a very strong B but not an A.
Reply 1198
Original post by Rubicon1
Hey, thanks for the reply. I couldn't exactly remember how the question was worded but now that you put it that way i guess the question was pretty clear. Ah well, im gutted as it was an easy question.:frown: Will I get 0 marks?

Depends on what else you wrote...maybe you'll get 1 or 2
Well thats my life over :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending