The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780

The site doesn't seem to be working when trying to get a gcse paper? Could some one download the mark schemes for 2013 and 2012 here please.
Original post by Acrux
The site is not working anymore :frown:. Could you download all 2013 and 2013 mark schemers somehow please?

Original post by Acrux
The site doesn't seem to be working when trying to get a gcse paper? Could some one download the mark schemes for 2013 and 2012 here please.

It should be working now :smile:
Hey people,

Here is the thread I just made containing the papers from June 2013!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2398019

Enjoy!
Has anyone got the Edexcel GCSE Triple Science June 2013 papers ?
Reply 1784
Just so impatient about results day :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same :frown: even though it's only 6 weeks on Thursday, I'm desperate to find out if I've passed now. Waiting is so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nat_Griffiths
Same :frown: even though it's only 6 weeks on Thursday, I'm desperate to find out if I've passed now. Waiting is so hard

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree completely lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many marks will be required for a grade A for June 2015, when my son in law sits this examination ?

i had a word with my mathematics teacher a couple of days ago and he believes that it will be 120 - 140 for an A if that helps.
Original post by things4life
Does anyone know how many marks will be required for a grade A for June 2015, when my son in law sits this examination ?

i had a word with my mathematics teacher a couple of days ago and he believes that it will be 120 - 140 for an A if that helps.

We don't even know what the grade boundaries will be for June 2014, let alone 2015!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is it possible to get an A* with 60 marks, I know it's a big ask but can it happen ?
Is it possible to get an A* with 60 marks, I know it's a big ask but can it happen ?

No it's highly unlikely, 60 marks in one paper is a B.
Is an A in maths any good ? How many people get an A in maths, is it 60 per cent of the population ?

Thanks

Grade boundaries are set after the exam is set. We can't know grade boundaries before.

Also, while the grade boundaries are usually within a certain range, I believe Michael Gove has a campaign to make exams harder so the grade boundaries might be different.
Is an A in maths any good ? How many people get an A in maths, is it 60 per cent of the population ?

Thanks

Much less than 60% i presume, lol if 60% of population were getting A-A*s for maths the kind of papers that would turn up would match a standard O- level paper haha. Yes, an A even in maths is still a good grade. Unless you are aspiring to become an engineer or jobs oriented towards maths mostly and you wish to get to a top university then you should get an A* in GCSE and similarly in A level. But in ANY other case, i perceive that an A is a good grade, regardless what you are told.
Maths, however, i don't mean to be too rude or selfish to some people, but the difficulty of maths gcse papers throughout these years have been very low and less than satisfactory - considering the kind of grade boundaries there are... People are even unhappy sometimes because they need 65% to get an A in maths -.- and they are displeased with the 'high' grade boundary, so the majority aim for an A*. In my opinion, the grade boundaries should be A=80, A*=90% so we wouldn't see so many people as we do today getting A's, when their skills in maths are less than adequate (sorry for those that had unsatisfactory teachers). Additionally, people nowadays in England praise themselves for scoring 65% on their maths tests, which is MUCH closer to half marks rather than 100% on a test (GCSE) that is MUCH easier than any kind of education system in comparison to anyone in the world (O-level). But, nevertheless, A for maths gcse is still an ok grade!
What mark do people think will be safe for an A grade?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1795
Everyday is like a week, every week is like a month, days come, days go, but results day is never coming nearer. Hopefully everyone gets the grades they want.
LOL random poem 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1797
Apparently Gcse's will be removed in 2014, and will be replaced with O levels

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1798
When do edexcel release the grade boundaries? Anyone know?
Original post by saeox
When do edexcel release the grade boundaries? Anyone know?

Day before Results Day.

Latest

Trending

Trending