The Student Room Group

German U6 Essay titles for writing in registers

A couple of people have wanted these, so here are some of the ones my teacher gave me taken from past papers. I don't know the years though, sadly, so I'm not sure if there are any patterns in the four questions you get a choice from...

Fernseher- Fluch oder Segen?

Wie siehst du die Zukunft unseres Planeten, optimitisch oder pessimitisch?

Shopping- die neue Droge?

Wie weit sollte die Integration innerhalb der EU gehen?

Männer und Frauen können nie wirklich gleich sein. Was meinen Sie?

Über die geschichtliche Vergangenheit müseen wir Kindern immer die Wahreheit sagen. Was meinen Sie?

Erleben wir eine Bildungskatastrope?

Die heutige Gesellschaft ist Minderheiten gegenüber völlig tolerant.

Verdienen Sportstarts heutzutage einfach zu viel?

Die Todesstrafe ist die einzige Lösung für das Übel unsurer Gesellschaft.

Sollte man in der Schule mehr uber die Umwelt lernen?

Warum sollen wir Fremdsprachen lernen- Jeder spricht Englisch.

(Didn't put any umlauts in any of these, too tired! If that creates any ambiguity for any though, just say and I shall edit them in)

Meinen Sie, dass die Politiker fur die Umwelt sich interessieren?

Wie konnen wir Abtreinbung rechtfertigen?

Brauchen wir Organisationen wie 'Greenpeace'? Warum?

Sollen wir Autofreie Stadtzentren (? not sure if that's the right spelling or not, I'm just copying straight of the list... Maybe the plural is different...) haben?

Sollten beruhmte Leute ein Privatleben haben?

Sollte es Pflicht sein, dass man wahlt?

Auslander sind schuldig daran, dass wir so viele soziale Probleme haben.

Vaterlos aufwachsende Tochter werden fruher schwanger. Was meinen Sie?

Jungen Frauen sollen ein Soziales Jahr haben und Jungen mussen zum Militar?

Tragen die Auslander auch eine Verantwortung fur Rassismus?

Es soll ein total Rauchverbot in offentlichen Gebauden geben.

Macht Fernsehen Gewaltig?

Weiche Drogen wie Cannabis sollen legalisiert werden.

Aktive Sterbehilfe- Durfen wir Gott spielen?

"Frieden schaffen ohne Waffen?" Was denken Sie daruber?

Berufstatige und alleinerziende Mutter sollen die Verantwortung tragen dafur, dass wir heutzutage ein verandertes Mannerbild haben.

Kinder sind heutzutage schlect erzogen und deswegen gibt es so viele sozialen Problemen in unserer Gesellschaft.

Welche Rolle konnten Schule und Erziehung im Kampf gegen Rassismus spielen?

Gentechnologie ist nicht naturlich. Was meinen Sie?

Verwenden wir die dritte Welt als Versuchskanninchen?

Meinen Sie, dass unsurer Regierung zu vil Kontrolle hat? (So that's where that oral question came from!)

Sollten wir die Euro haben?

Wir konnen Krieg nimmer rechtfertigen.

Sollten wir nehr uber Drogen in her Schule lernen?

Hausaufgaben ist wertlos fur unsere Schuler.

Es ist unbedingt notwendig fur Kinder, dass die Mutter zu Hause bleiben.

Sportsstars sind eine schlechte Vorbild fur Kinder.

Was ist hauptsachlich unethisch mit Designer Babys?

Alternative Energie ist die einzige Losung fur die Umweltprobleme.

Welche Folgen haben die immer beliebter wedenden Billig-Fluglinie fur die Umwelt?

Ist ein Leben ohne Auto moglich?

Wie sehen Sie die Zukunft fur Jugendliche heute?

I think that';s all the ones I have. Apologies for any spelling mistakes, etc :smile: Looks like they're all pretty much variations on a few themes. Basically, if you know your Umwelt your alright :wink:

That's about 1/4 of the ones I have, so if you get through all of those or want more then just ask! These titles are fairly representive though- they're all either about 'Umwelt', moral issues, slightly 'ligher' issues (there's one about whether famous people should be allowed to have private lives, the sports stars one) and then current issues, like 'does TV make you violent?' etc. Hope that helps people though :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Elusive Moose
That's about 1/4 of the ones I have, so if you get through all of those or want more then just ask! These titles are fairly representive though- they're all either about 'Umwelt', moral issues, slightly 'ligher' issues (there's one about whether famous people should be allowed to have private lives, the sports stars one) and then current issues, like 'does TV make you violent?' etc. Hope that helps people though :smile:

Much appreciated :biggrin:

Danke schön!
Reply 2
If you wouldnt mind putting up some others it would be much appreciated, or PM them to me.

Thanks
Vicki x
Reply 3
No problem, I'll do some this evening when the insano revision plan has been completed for today :smile:
Reply 4
thank you so much :smile:

Revision is madness isnt it, i seem to have so much to do :frown:, never mind though...i'd better get on
Reply 5
Added them on, the new ones are below the three stars :smile: (And again, sorry for the spelling mistakes that are guaranteed to be there)

And yeah, my life seems to be revision, revision and more revision at the moment. I just hope it's worth it come August 17th (I'm going to cry so much if I end up having to stay at home another year and retake despite all the work!)
Reply 6
Thank you so much! :ta: :adore:

These are going to be a massive help :biggrin:
Reply 7
Has the smoking one really come up? or did your teacher make that one up?

I was hoping that would be in this years. I did my oral on it so i know loads about it :smile: lol never mind... :frown:
Reply 8
She said she copied them off past exam papers, though there seems to be an awful lot for them to have just been on the Edexcel past papers we have in school. So some might be from a different exam board or something? But they seem to repeat topics a lot, so it might come up in a different guise this year. I want abortion to come up again, that was my oral topic! All the facts and figures I could use...
Thank you.. vvv helpful :biggrin:
Reply 10
V helpful - thanks! But really scary - my knowledge of German is just not flexible enough to answer questions like that and I desperatly need an A otherwise I cant go to York. Oh well, hopefully one of the ones I've done as practice will will come up
Reply 11
i'm hoping for an A as well, so i'm going to learn a little bit of vocab for lots of topics, and then lots of discursive phrases.

When is your exam?
I need an A too, damnit!

I'm doing Edexcel, so have Topics and Texts on 13th, then the other 3 on 15th.

Not looking good... I soooo want that A!
Reply 13
I've done coursework so no topics and texts for me. Thank god! Saying that though i did my coursework on 'Un Sac de Billes' and really enjoyed it. :smile:

My three German exams are also on the 15th, and French is on the 27th, which i'm glad about, as it means that i've got a while between the two- unlike the oral when i had 5 days. lol
I had one day between my German and Spanish orals last year :P It was quite good though, my German one was a lot better for having done Spanish the day before and having got into the swing of it.

Yup, got all the 3 exams on the 15th too. Great fun. I'm going for a B though- I only *just* have an A from the last lot (literally, 241!) and I don't think my coursework was an A, so there's nothing to rely on. Still, I can (*just*) get a D and get a B overall, so...

Oh, and those concerned about grammar and vocabulary- the mark scheme (really very rough) never specifies anything about use of grammar it in, it just says a good content and structure is needed, really. So whilst stupidly complex grammar may give you a couple of extra marks, it's what you have to say and how you structure your essay which are the really important things :smile: Good news for anyone who does subjects like History and English anyway :biggrin: (Not that I'm saying don't learn the grammar or anything... I've been going over and over the pluperfect, future perfect and all that other fun fun stuff all morning. Great fun!)
Reply 15
I got 265/ 300 last year, but although i tried really hard i dont think my coursework is an A for German- i dont know for sure coz our teacher wont tell us :angry: so i need to do quite well this year. My oral was ok... a lot better than last year when i panicked halfway through so that should pick me up a few marks.. ah well we'll just have to wait for results day i suppose. :biggrin:
Woo glad to hear grammar's not such a big thing since I hate grammar! You sre about that tho Elusive Moose? The essays themselves I actually enjoy cos I like writing essays (yes, I know I'm sad hehe), tis just the vocab I have trouble with.. too many ideas, not enough ways to say it in German!

I worked out that I need about 230 UMS this year to get an A overall and unfortunately I don't think I'm gonna get it. At first it seems doable cos I can lose 70 marks and still get an A, but I think I messed up my oral (maybe a B/C) which doesn't leave me much room for losing marks on Topics and Texts which is hard, or the translation part of the writing paper which is such a bitch of a section! Grrrr.
Reply 17
I got 265/ 300 last year so i need to do quite well this year.

Ahhh I got 259 and wasn't feeling too bad - am seriously worried I'm gonna drop my A from last year - your right mellow-yellow the translation part is a bitch. As is topics and texts - does anyone do 'Crazy' if so, any suggestions on what the question might be? Its only been on the sylabus one year so there's only 2 past questions! The only bits that I'm secure on are reading comprehension and listening paper. STRESS!
I hate that translation part with a passion! The mark scheme is so harsh :frown: Actually that whole reading section is harsh, one practise paper I did I'd put down pretty much the right answers but the way I'd put a lot of them wasn't accepted by the mark scheme (even though I had used my own words, etc). Gah!

Erm, I'm not completely sure about the grammar thing, mellow_yellow, and my teacher still tells me to work on it a lot (sadly) but it doesn't really mention anything other than giving marks for structure and content in the mark scheme. That said, it could come under structure so don't take my word for it! But hopefully it'll be like the coursework, where the language use is weighted much less heavily than the actual content...
Elusive Moose
I hate that translation part with a passion! The mark scheme is so harsh :frown:

I know!! You can actually end up getting most of it right but getting say one mistake in each of the sections that they split the paragraph up into and so not getting any marks at all!

Elusive Moose
Actually that whole reading section is harsh, one practise paper I did I'd put down pretty much the right answers but the way I'd put a lot of them wasn't accepted by the mark scheme (even though I had used my own words, etc). Gah!

Damn the mark scheme and the picky examiners.. I know exactly how you feel! But don't worry.. when I'm peacekeeper of the world, I'll change that :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending