The Student Room Group

Does anyone just ever get the urge to fly out somewhere?

Okay so i now have a really boring summer job and face the long prospect of staying in the uk apart from the two holidays i have booked. Is it just me or does anyone else just get the urge just to go somewhere anywhere? I did the same thing this time last year and ended up living and working in greece for a few months and i had the time of my life!! Okay strange post but ive been stuck at this boring job for days now and even though the moneys good im fed up and bored and am tempted to just buy a flight out to the next place which catches my eye!!
Reply 1
Yes. I feel like flying to Thailand right now and enjoying the beaches of Phuket. :indiff:
Same. Its just the boring daily cycle we get into. Whenever you see a plane fly overhead, you just know people are going to a new exciting place and u wish u were on it (except to luton). I want to go to Thailand/Australia/NZ now. I need money :frown:
Reply 3
I have the urge to play to Ohio to visit a friend I haven't for about 6 years.. I miss her :frown:
I have soo many travelling urges.. I just want to travel :p:
Reply 4
Me and my bestfriend just wanted to fly somewhere....so we did....to New Zealand :biggrin: . It is great when random things just happen like that, i would definately do it again.
Why stop at just flying somewhere? I have an urge to get from London to Tokyo without setting foot on a plane for the entire journey.
Reply 6
I guess that would be fun!!
I've already promised to walk a mountain this year.. My father and I make plans every year to do something we've never done before..
This year is to visit a new country and climb a mountain!!
Yeah.I've only been back from holiday a week and I'm sick of it already.I have 2 months until my next holiday but I'm going to see if I can get away before then.Sod work because I'm leaving before my next holiday anyway...so if they don't like it,tough!
Reply 8
I haven't been on holiday since October!! And that was only a school field trip although it was soooo FUN! :biggrin:
I'm going to Dom Rep on the 18th July.. and might be going away for New Years..
Other than that.. hopefully fittingin France agen, Possibly Ireland. and maybe Africa next summer :smile:
Reply 9
Me and a mate spent a couple of days last year planning a trip driving around Europe this summer. Until we raised the minor point that neither of us could drive... And we needed money.... Ah well, a person can dream.

I constantly have the urge to visit somewhere - I was ready for a trip over to see the Chili Peppers in Madrid, but I couldn't find anyone who seriously wanted to go. My last holiday was in October, on a school exchange to Zanzibar, so I'm about ready for the Cuban experience in July...
Reply 10
Me and a friend had just finished our exams last summer and decided to go away to Tunisia, at 2 days notice where there was a amazing deal at £120 pp for 6 days. We would have been spontaneous and just gone if it wasn’t for dam age restrictions. :mad:
Reply 11
Ferret_messiah
Why stop at just flying somewhere? I have an urge to get from London to Tokyo without setting foot on a plane for the entire journey.

I thought that would be intesting to, so i'm doing it next year.

Yep I get the urge, and have just decided to fly out a few times before, I have family across the globe though so always a free bed.
Reply 12
If I continue holidaying like I am at the moment (upper 6th form) then my university next year are going to wonder who the hell I am come the end of the year!

I've already skied three times, been to the Lake District and am then going to the LD again before jetting off to Oz in July. All beween January and July. Scary thing is, I'll be on more of my school's trips next year (when I'm at uni) than I was this year (at the school)!

Anyway! To the original question. yes! I'm always looking at last minute deals and flights and thinking 'I can be back in time for my next exam...' We're planning a 'Road Trip' too, setting off on results day to use Switzerland as a roundabout!
well i was spontaneous and just applied for a job with suncare central, and i have an interview tuesday, finish uni tomorrow and he said i could be flying out to work in spain for them in 7 days time :O:O:O i duno whether to be really scared,or really excited!
All the time!
Usually I just have to resort to sticking my arms out my sides and flapping them though.
Right now I want to get as far away from my town as possible! I'm not sure if it counts as "running away from your problems" but I need some time to relax! Roll on 19th July when I'm off to Dom.Rep for two weeks.
Reply 16
yeh i get that.....already going on a girls hol this summer but its only 10 days....i cant deal with workin the rest of the summer so me n my sis decided were gonna go to the travel agent and see what they have. hope we'll get aas good a deal as the tunisia one!!

Latest