The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Just got an interview for St Anne's History and Politics. Woohooo!!!
Original post by OEM

It begins :afraid: well done btw!
Reply 182
Well Done!! Do you know if they have sent out any pure history interview requests yet?? My friend got one from Cambridge but I guess they don't have to process the HAT stuff
Original post by JazColton
Well Done!! Do you know if they have sent out any pure history interview requests yet?? My friend got one from Cambridge but I guess they don't have to process the HAT stuff

Hmmm there was one from Magdalen I think...
Reply 184
Original post by 62442fanatic
Hmmm there was one from Magdalen I think...

are you sure? because thats where i am applying to.
Original post by arminb
are you sure? because thats where i am applying to.

Never mind it was *Mansfield* that sent it out :colondollar: Sorry if I freaked you out :biggrin:
Original post by arminb
Even if they give me the interview ,I will neither have time to read to books i said ive read in my PS nor to prepare for the interview. I guess it is that awesome moment that you just realise how deeply you are in the gutter and just say- F*** it

This is literally me too!

Also today, one of the history teachers at my school told me that although actual marks aren't released for the HAT, we'll get told if we passed or not? I hadn't heard this before, can anyone enlighten me as to whether this is correct or not?
Reply 187
Original post by elizabethmc
This is literally me too!

Also today, one of the history teachers at my school told me that although actual marks aren't released for the HAT, we'll get told if we passed or not? I hadn't heard this before, can anyone enlighten me as to whether this is correct or not?

I don't know about that. I've never heard of that. But maybe he meant that when you get the interview you know you passed the test.:wink:
Original post by arminb
I don't know about that. I've never heard of that. But maybe he meant that when you get the interview you know you passed the test.:wink:

Phew, not just me then... Didn't really need another thing to be constantly refreshing my emails for!
Original post by arminb

That's what I've heard! If you pass, you get an interview, if not you don't!
(but you can request your marks in January or something…)
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by TheHairyOne
That's what I've heard! If you pass, you get an interview, if not you don't!
(but you can request your marks in January or something…)

I thought that was the case :smile: Thanks!
Which college have you applied for?
I thought that was the case :smile: Thanks!
Which college have you applied for?

No problem :smile: Oriel! (I'm about the only one I've seen so far :tongue:) how about you?
No problem :smile: Oriel! (I'm about the only one I've seen so far :tongue:) how about you?

Ah, good choice! I was going to apply for Oriel but I went for St. John's. It looks as though some faculties at St. John's have started giving out interviews but I haven't seen any for history yet.
If the history joint degrees are being handed out interviews, does that mean we're going to get them soon?
Ah, good choice! I was going to apply for Oriel but I went for St. John's. It looks as though some faculties at St. John's have started giving out interviews but I haven't seen any for history yet.

St John's is lovely though - very central! Ooh, good luck, I hope you hear soon :smile:
St John's is lovely though - very central! Ooh, good luck, I hope you hear soon :smile:

I did think it was gorgeous! As is Oriel though. And thank you, you too!
Reply 196
Good luck to us all over the next few days as interviews start coming out, I hope those deserving of them get them!
Reply 197

Hey I've applied for oriel too for history!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Just seen this worrying tweet from a History tutor at Somerville - I hope it's not my application they put on hold when they go on their minibreak! :wink:

https://twitter.com/OxHistorian/status/405293775267700736
Original post by OEM

Was it a letter you received from the college or an email or an update on UCAS Track?

Latest

Trending

Trending