The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Citroen C1 got me about 110 miles from £10 when I newly passed partly due to the fact I drove like a grandma.
Original post by Amelia Garlic
and the car YOU DRIVE IS??????????????

A HUMMER?

not that rolls figure a hummer or a viper is more like 6-9 mpg
Reply 62
Original post by natninja
I don't know how much I get Urban but I drive a citroen C1 VT and get 300-400 miles on a full tank of 35ltrs

haha so do I! i let the petrol get down to around 2 bars, normally costs me £25-£28 to fill it up
Original post by almunia
Citroen C1 got me about 110 miles from £10 when I newly passed partly due to the fact I drove like a grandma.

That's exactly what I get in a 2005 1.3 Ford Ka. You don't need to drive like a grandma - I drive fast. You just need to drive in a high gear, coast up to the back of queues and avoid standing starts.
I do 80 miles per 2 days, and fill up £20 per 2 days. That fills me up to 3/4 full to empty again
Reply 65
Original post by scrotgrot
That's exactly what I get in a 2005 1.3 Ford Ka. You don't need to drive like a grandma - I drive fast. You just need to drive in a high gear, coast up to the back of queues and avoid standing starts.

Hard to drive in a high gear in urban. Especially where I live In a busy town with lots of stop start traffic.
50 mpg roughly, although i drive in a highly urban area so that would be a bit wishful in practice.
It gets me to work and back for about 4 days. 12 miles each way to work. So 12x8 = 96. But hey, they're not 'URBAN MILES' - I live in the countryside and there's not a single traffic light on my route, just the right pedal all the way.
Original post by somethingbeautiful
It gets me to work and back for about 4 days. 12 miles each way to work. So 12x8 = 96. But hey, they're not 'URBAN MILES' - I live in the countryside and there's not a single traffic light on my route, just the right pedal all the way.

And left if manual? :wink:
Original post by Martinez96
And left if manual? :wink:

Er, no - still the right pedal!
110-150 miles depending on the conditions.

150 was back in September with a leaking fuel injector, come Summertime, I could probably push it a touch more.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
About 250/270 on my Honda CBF125.
Please don't lie just to show off and look cool in front of your mate, homies, pal's, whatever you call them.

When you put £10 in your car how many urban miles would that get you, I repeat, Urban only.

how many miles do you get and is that petrol or diesel, URBAN ONLY REMEMBER

Well this isn't a fair question, £10 always gets a different volume of fuel, you should have said how many miles for 1 gallon or 1 L
Reply 73
Tesco standard or Shell V-Power Nitro+?

The answer will probably be 60-70 miles. 2.0 diesel Freelander.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ford mondeo 2.0 tdci - from £10 fuel (current price is 99.9p/litre so 10 litres roughly) = 80 miles easily.
If I put in a tenner my car estimates it'll get an extra 60 miles out of the top up, but this obviously depends on traffic conditions and how I feel like driving that day :lol:
Reply 76
70-80 miles
Original post by h4mza
70-80 miles

What car ?
Please don't lie just to show off and look cool in front of your mate, homies, pal's, whatever you call them.

When you put £10 in your car how many urban miles would that get you, I repeat, Urban only.

how many miles do you get and is that petrol or diesel, URBAN ONLY REMEMBER

In my 1.1 peugeot I'm gonna say about 45-50 seeing as I put a tenner in and drove to college and back 5 times which is about 7-10 miles and still had a bit left to go to lewisham. I might be totally wrong lmao
£20 of disel is enough for a days commute.

can confirm

Latest

Trending

Trending