The Student Room Group

"You're cute"

Poll

Is cute an indication of you being sexually attracted to a boy?

I know this is said many times but tbh I'm bored as hell and can't sleep. But i've had this from many girls from around the ages of 16-50 say this to me, saying specifically I have a cute face and they then compare my face to someone elses.

How often do women actually see this as a sexual phrase but a more of a play it safe type of thing?

Poll will be added to make it more fun.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Woo I can't wait for the poll woop!
Reply 2
I call guys cute who I really really like...I know I shouldn't but I dunno when I like someone I see their cute side..oh god what is wrong with me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
If I'm referred to as being cute I'll swiftly count my losses and leave.
Reply 4
Original post by Mockery

I'm too shy to call a guy hot..directly..so when I say cute I mean I like him :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
It can mean anything. Only way to find out is ask the girl in question.

Girls aren't machines you know...they're not programmed to say certain things when feeling certain emotions.

Also, a lot of girls like boys with a babyface, so they may find cute looking attractive...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Never been called cute before. The girls I spend time with have a slightly more direct approach - "I'm going to eat you alive" has been said a few times.
Reply 7
Original post by Blob :)
I'm too shy to call a guy hot..directly..so when I say cute I mean I like him :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Then use words such as charming or charismatic.
Reply 8
Original post by Mockery
Then use words such as charming or charismatic.

Use charming too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Last time I got called cute I asked how and was shown a picture of the tazmanian devil cartoon and was told like that. Wat
Reply 10
Original post by DiscoRanger
Last time I got called cute I asked how and was shown a picture of the tazmanian devil cartoon and was told like that. Wat

Now that is peak as ****. :rofl:
Women ey?
I don't place much emphasises on the word ill call my boyfriend cute all the time if he says something soppy or he does something ill be like naw your so cute. But then my male best friend I called cute when he was wearing a tux I don't fancy him I don't him hot or attractive it was just a aww don't you look cute. So really I think poll is flawed as it depends who you say it to
Don't want to hijack thread but no point making another one.

What about girls saying how old are you? You tell them your age and they're like oh I thought you are 25 or something(a bit older then you are)
Can girls not accurately guess a guys age or something?
And why would you think they are older and not their age.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mockery

Now that's just silly.
Original post by Casshern1456
Don't want to hijack thread but no point making another one.

What about girls saying how old are you? You tell them your age and they're like oh I thought you are 25 or something(a bit older then you are)
Can girls not accurately guess a guys age or something?
And why would you think they are older and not their age.

if they say youre older than you are it means they want to bang you
Reply 15
This poll is far too polar opposite! I use cute interchangeably. I can use it around my male friends to describe their new hair cut or outfit or about my boyfriend when he's got dressed up for a meal before I give him a kiss. It all depends on the context.
Notice how quite a few of the 'no' votes are by guys.
Cute = hot. I usually tell a guy he's cute instead of hot, as it's a bit more indirect. If I said to him, "you're gorgeous" or "you're hot", it might be a bit awkward.
Friendzone
It can be sexual. I would call my crush cute :biggrin:

For me, personally, cute means boyfriend material, whereas hot means superficial attraction.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending