The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2014 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Haidorrriiii
Anyone know how to find your cohort code for your 'Fitness for Training' questionnaires?

I left that box blank. I'm pretty sure someone on the fb group asked that question and was just told to leave it blank by the Occupational Health people.
Anyone know how to find your cohort code for your 'Fitness for Training' questionnaires?

Scratch that. Apparently it's 1409 according to people on the fb group. I'm sure it won't matter if it's left blank though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2262

As far as I can remember they didn't make us fill that in, although if you know it it won't hurt :smile:

For the current applicants: best of luck with results coming up! Try and chill a bit, plan what you need to do on the day and enjoy the rest of your summer :biggrin:

For any prospective applicants for next year - the 2015 entry thread is over here! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2734611
Reply 2263
So how has everyone fared with results? :biggrin:
Hi guys, did you need any immunisations for Notts? I just got my offer, and now I need to apply for student finance....
Reply 2265
Original post by locomotive99
Hi guys, did you need any immunisations for Notts? I just got my offer, and now I need to apply for student finance....

Nope, none that they won't supply so save your money! :smile:
Original post by alex193

Thanks!
Original post by alex193

Hi, does Notts do drug/blood tests as well?

Thanks a lot! :smile:
Reply 2268
Hi, does Notts do drug/blood tests as well?

Thanks a lot! :smile:

Theoretically yes. Whatever you're on, it would be sensible to stop doing it!
Original post by alex193
Theoretically yes. Whatever you're on, it would be sensible to stop doing it!

I've got nothing to worry about haha, but I didn't think any med school did them routinely?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2270
Original post by MrSupernova
I've got nothing to worry about haha, but I didn't think any med school did them routinely?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They make a big song and dance about how they reserve the right to do them, but I've yet to hear of anyone actually being tested. I think if you turn up to placement high or something then they might be a bit more interested!
Hey
Need some advice about 2015 entry
My ukcat isn't that high 690, but apparently the ukcat was harder this year than last year so might go down a bit from last year's ridiculously high averages! It's 70% ukcat now though
My grades are fine for nottingham- I have 9a*s, 4as and 3a* predictions
Basically do I have a chance there with my ukcat score?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex193
They make a big song and dance about how they reserve the right to do them, but I've yet to hear of anyone actually being tested. I think if you turn up to placement high or something then they might be a bit more interested!

Aw :frown: On another note, I'm lost about accommodation!

University Park campus only has single study rooms available- are they worth it? I think I will put Jubilee campus for my first option as they have ensuite available.

Do non-ensuite rooms mean there's a communal bathroom/toilet?

Thanks- apologies if my questions are silly :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2273
Original post by hpcp
Hey
Need some advice about 2015 entry
My ukcat isn't that high 690, but apparently the ukcat was harder this year than last year so might go down a bit from last year's ridiculously high averages! It's 70% ukcat now though
My grades are fine for nottingham- I have 9a*s, 4as and 3a* predictions
Basically do I have a chance there with my ukcat score?

2015 thread is over here :smile:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=48523157

The idea with the UKCAT is that it's weighted around 600 anyway, so 690 isn't bad - but then with it now making 70% of the pre-interview score it could be risky. I'd put it as an aspirational application, so make sure you've got a couple of ones where you know you're well within what they're looking for too!

Aw :frown: On another note, I'm lost about accommodation!

Have they not got in touch already? We chose our uni accommodation online as applicants.
Original post by alex193

The idea with the UKCAT is that it's weighted around 600 anyway, so 690 isn't bad - but then with it now making 70% of the pre-interview score it could be risky. I'd put it as an aspirational application, so make sure you've got a couple of ones where you know you're well within what they're looking for too!

Have they not got in touch already? We chose our uni accommodation online as applicants.

Yeah applied for accom- hopefully get ensuite :tongue:

Sorry for being irritating, but when do you have any idea when they do the blood tests before starting the term? I'm going away interrailing, so in case my drink's spiked or something :yep:
Reply 2275
Yeah applied for accom- hopefully get ensuite :tongue:

Sorry for being irritating, but when do you have any idea when they do the blood tests before starting the term? I'm going away interrailing, so in case my drink's spiked or something :yep:

Good good, I went for single study shared bathroom which was fine :smile: All the halls are very much of a muchness, so don't worry about which one you get - it's randomly allocated anyway :smile:

The blood tests are to check your immune status for Hep B? No drugging hopefully haha :P It's during the first few weeks of term when you're getting your shots anyway.
Original post by alex193

Cheers
Do you think that UKCAT average will go down this year a bit? it's just too risky I think for me to apply there cause of my score. They said they look at SJT band and I got 1 so I'm fine there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alex193

The blood tests are to check your immune status for Hep B? No drugging hopefully haha :P It's during the first few weeks of term when you're getting your shots anyway.

Hey,

Do you kno what intervals you have to get your hep B shots? plus do you have to pay for them?

Reply 2278
Hey,

Do you kno what intervals you have to get your hep B shots? plus do you have to pay for them?

All the required vaccinations for healthcare workers are provided free of charge by occupational health :smile: (I had - and had paid for - all of mine already from work experience, so hey ho I could have saved 400 quid :wink: )

Hep B is 0, 1 and 6 months, with a blood test at some point between doses 2 and 3 to check your immunity.
Original post by alex193
There isn't a cut-off! They award points based on your scores in each of the 4 sections, which they use along with points for your 8 highest GCSEs, the PS, and the online questionnaire to rank all the applicants; the highest scoring 750 are then invited to interview :smile:

The exact weightings for the different sections, from the Notts website are;
21% GCSEs
16% personal statement
15% online questionnaire
48% UKCAT

What's the online questionnaire?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending