The Student Room Group

Have you ever seen a ghost?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by FabiusMaximus
Jimmy Saville? His hair was wispy white and he's known for touching youngsters in their sleep :P

That was before Jimmy Saville died though. :smile:
Original post by Roger1
That was before Jimmy Saville died though. :smile:

That makes it even more likely :wink:
Reply 42
Yeah, your dad's anus after I destroyed it. Haunted me for a long time. :moon:

No I haven't. I hope I never do.
Reply 43
Original post by jinx_removing
This one time I went to an audition in the Main Building of my old uni where the science lectures take place - it's a huge old building with winding staircases and long corridors, and as I studied linguistics so had no lectures in there I wasn't familiar with it. The auditions took place at about 9pm in a lecture hall in a far corner of the building that was quite difficult to find and as I had never really been there before I got a bit disoriented by the seemingly endless rows of darkened wood-panelled corridors with paintings and plaques lining them. I was one of the last to audition, it was dark when I left and I was already uncomfortable with not knowing my way round the building so I was a bit nervous anyway as I left. I walked down a flight of stairs and stopped at the bottom to get my bearings and figure out where the main exit was. There was no one around, and it was then that I began to hear these footsteps coming towards me. The sound of the footsteps came down the stairs that I'd just walked down, speeding up, I could see absolutely no one around me or in the corridors that I could see down, but these footsteps kept coming closer and closer and louder and louder. It was the sound of footsteps on concrete or a hard surface, which was strange as the stairs were carpeted. The footsteps came right up to me and all of a sudden they stopped, dead silent, and I turned tail and sped down a corridor, luckily recognised that I was on the main hallway and sped off home.

Y'all needed marauders map :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eliza.anne
Yeah, your dad's anus after I destroyed it. Haunted me for a long time. :moon:

What.The.**** hahah :smile:
Reply 45

Perhaps. :biggrin:

Running was always the best policy.

A48yNp2CYAA26Mb.jpg
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Running was always the best policy.

A48yNp2CYAA26Mb.jpg

Hahah that's a great picture :smile:
Reply 48
Yep. I saw right through it :biggrin:
All these ghost stories are making me climb the walls.

Original post by Roger1
I once saw some white thing float past me as I was washing my face in the bathroom. There was also this one time when I felt someone tap on my shoulder as I was trying to sleep, even though I was the only one at my house at that time. Probably just my mind playing tricks with me but both these moments were pretty darn scary for me.

The first one sounds like you've got flashes in your eye. Their like floaters but their white and glow.
Reply 51
Last time I have seen ghost, during previous summer. I was in the country and at night I awoke and looked out of the window and saw the ghost in my apple garden. There was large moon and it's light went through transparent figure. I saw nothing, only the shape of the figure, and that it was moving through my garden in the direction of the lakes.
Across the road, and on the left - there was a house, which owner and his son-in-law burnt alive two years ago, during winter.
This year his daughter (and widow of another male, who had died in fire) built finally new house, and started to stay there.
So... she hired worker who made personel street lamp near her house. So now every night, when she is there the lamp works.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Fullofsurprises
Just watch Ghosthunters. That's all TRUE you know. :rolleyes:

You are full of surprises :tongue:
Reply 53
Original post by Whowhatwhere
You are full of surprises :tongue:

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, because they don't exist, but I've heard and seen things that weren't there plenty of times. I've had some interesting and vivid hallucinations when I'm waking up/drifting off to sleep.

It's funny how people are so quick so say 'I could haven't been dreaming/seeing things etc'. Yes, yes, you could; the brain is a funny thing and very good at getting you to percieve things that seem real out of nothing for no reason. It's trying to make sense of all the input it's receiving and a lot of the time it does it by pattern recognition (hence why people are good at faces in clouds or on the moon etc, or why that ink blot test thing works), and with reality being rather complicated it's not surprising it sometimes makes mistakes and sees things/people where there are just shadows or other shapes. Also good at creating heightened emotional states which further muddy the water.

Memory is also not very reliable and far from consistent; it likes to smoosh things together/insert things in a different order, mixing up memories from different times and making it seem like they happened together, etc. My dad once told us a story once of a 'ghost' he saw (upon waking up in the middle of the night, which is what immediately screams 'hallucination' to me) the sort of classic 'I saw this figure, and it was only the next day someone said 'was he wearing x,y,z? Omg, it's the ghost of this person...' :rolleyes: I find it far more likely that his memory had backtracked to confirm his preconceptions that it was a ghost by inserting detail that he hadn't really seen.
(edited 10 years ago)
No, and I don't believe in ghosts anyway.

At my secondary school, one of the dining halls was named after an ex-teacher. From the day I started school, we were told in all earnest that it was named after her because she died a tragic death and her ghost now haunts the place.
Of course I never believed it, but some people did. Only a few weeks ago did I find out that the 'dead' teacher is very much alive and living a happy retirement!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending