The Student Room Group

My friend consistently leaves me on delivered

Me and my friend have been friends for half our lives but she is moving to the next state over and it has been a while since we last talked face to face. She used to respond relatively normal, back then the most amount of time it has taken her to respond was probably 7 hours but nothing too too bad.
Now it just got longer and longer. I send her a message and then it would take days for her to respond back. Even when it’s something of importance, it doesn’t get answered for ever and sometimes just not. I can understand hours, 2 days sure, but a week? I mean I get that you are busy but when I see her social media posts, it doesn’t really seem that way. I think I am just over thinking this, but sometimes I wish she would just text me back a “good morning!” Or a “hi! Yeah my day was fine.” But it’s just nothing. As of now it’s been a little over a week and still nothing. This might be us growing apart but I don’t think I am ready for that. She kind of all I really have right now and I just don’t want it to be left on a forever unread message. I honestly just miss her.

I was wondering if there could be any other reasons I should consider as to why she may not be messaging me back.
Can you chat with your friend over the phone or through a video call instead of relying on social media?
Reply 2
I think your friend is trying to ghost you. I would stop contacting her and see what she does.
Reply 3
Original post by londonmyst
Can you chat with your friend over the phone or through a video call instead of relying on social media?

We finally called and talked a bit but there wasn’t any room to mention how she ignored me for so long, I did try to be passive about it as to not make things weird but it didn’t really go through.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst

We finally called but there wasn’t any room to properly mention the ignoring. I tried to be passive about it to not make it weird but it just never went through I guess. It was basically like a normal conversation as if we haven’t seen or talked to each other in so long. I don’t know when will be the next time we can even call because I had asked about two days prior to the actual call. This reply sounds like I am blaming her but I really am not, she says she’s forgetful.
Reply 5
Original post by takooo
I think your friend is trying to ghost you. I would stop contacting her and see what she does.

I already called her and we didn’t have the chance to talk about it. I’ll see what happens in a week of no contact
Reply 6
I leave messages for ages and only reply to things that need a quick response. My mates will ring me rather than message because I just don't really reply to messages. So I do get it. I know how annoying it can be for other people, too, but ultimately I don't think anybody is entitled to my time that much other than immediate family and my Mrs.

I'm not saying your mate is like me. But it's a perspective.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending